Best place / price to get a proedge

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stoatally

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking, advice seems to be that this is about the best kit out there for sharpening turning tools and will do chisels etc as well.

I'm new to woodworking so no idea where is best to buy from. Handles have a good deal on their deluxe plus model but no stock until May.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good site / shop to pick one up at? Anyone seen any decent deals?

I'm base in Bristol area

Cheers

Poolewood are a good price Turners toolbox are good to deal David is a good guy with might be able to haggle a bit off or get a few belts thrown in.Olivers woodturning,I try and buy from the small business as much as possible check that vendors are selling the exact same kit because I it can vary

SVB":3v87g7nv said:
Yandles show is on in a couple of weeks so perhaps some show offers?

S
\:D/

Unfortunately we've booked a holiday that week or I definitely be going :(

I got mine from ockendon timber, they were the cheapest I could find. We were on holiday in shropshire so I picked it up and had a browse in the shop too, nice place!

Stoatally":1k5b09b5 said:
SVB":1k5b09b5 said:
Yandles show is on in a couple of weeks so perhaps some show offers?

S
\:D/

Unfortunately we've booked a holiday that week or I definitely be going :(

You could pay a visit to Yandles before you go and any large items could possibly be bought by phoning the manufacturer and asking for the show sale price. They could then ship to you after you return, maybe free postage also ? Worth a try as I have bought this way when not being able to attend a couple of shows.
Malcolm

I live 5 minutes from Yandles, so no prizes for guessing where I'll be next weekend.
Happy to pick one up for you if they do a decent show price. You can collect or I can post it to you.

Oh. Bum. I ordered one the other day. Didn't think of seeing if anyone would do this.

Is it worth sending I back and waiting to see the show prices???

Back