Best paint for ...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Phil Pascoe":4tsivjla said:

Could you extract directly above the shower and duct it through the loft space and out?

My brother did that and it works a treat. Another benefit of this, is you can use an online fan, so can be more powerful yet keep quiet in the room as it's in loft space

Just a thought.

're humidistat, in a rental house, we used an Envirovent Filterless Infinity with a VERY quiet trickle and a pull cord boost - great solution. (There are several models, so you do need to check you've got the one you want)
HTH
Greg

You could get an inline fan in the loft space and put a vent in directly above the shower and also tee from where existing fan is to save patching the hole up.

If that's the case then, buy the kit I linked to and use that. You won't get anything better IMO.

If I had something that persistent, I would cut it out and replace with new plasterboard and coving. It sounds like there is some sort of
structural problem in the coving & plasterboard (assuming it's plaster coving/plasterboard).

I've got this on a small plaster edge in my kitchen. Paint will just not stick to it, something in the plaster. It's not a large area, and it's not constantly affected by damp. Must get round to it one day.

Back