Best NW car boots for hand tools

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Morning everyone, just wondered if anyone has recommendations for good car boots in the north west for older hand tools. Just been to the Bolton one this morning and picked up a nice Marples chisel for £1 so pretty happy with that.

Are there any other good car boot / flea market options out there that are worth trying? I was thinking Burscough next maybe.

I’ve managed to get a few things from eBay and now I’m just curious to see whether I can pick up one of those mythical car boot bargains I’ve seen others come across!

Thanks,
Rory

I've been going to car boots and collecting tools for a long old time. IMHO chisels are easy and plentiful.20p to £1(more for overpolished rubbish)
wooden planes are plentiful and mostly rubbish. I reckon Bailey planes are often overpriced at car boots. I've found lots of eighteenth century moulders at car boots are even more victorian moulders.
saws are often plentiful but knackered or rusty. my experience suggests it's possible to buy anything at a boot sale just keep going long enough. I only ever got one infill though many years ago at Chelford. a smoother that was dirty but in great condition.

I suspect many people check sold prices on ebay, real bargains are few and far between. I did get a brand new Honeywell 600w/1200w/1800w quartz wall heater for a fiver this morning, so it's always worth looking. That's the new 'shop sorted.

Back