Best Nail Gun for framing , cladding and roof timbers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must be lucky as I said mine rarely fails to sink the nails, in the last couple of weeks I've build some stud walls out of 100x50 and put up a fair length of post and rail fence 38mm rails , 75x75 posts all using 90mm galv ringshanks and fitted 20mm boards with 50mm and the only times I needed a hammer was to tap the timber into alignment before firing the gun, all softwood though.
I have had instances of jams in the past though as you said easy to clear unlike the Paslode I had which had it's share of jams. and I well remember the frustration of cold weather gas issues and jammed nails high up on a roof where I needed to come down to fix the issues. I uttered rather a lot of "oh deary me" shouts when that happened. :D

We can only speak as we find and I wasn't decrying the Paslode which served well me for years and thousands of nails but in my case I much prefer the DeWalt and at the time of swapping brands I was doing a lot of building and roofing in a professional capacity where working for myself downtime was extremely important.

Out of interest were your guns single or the later 2 speed? Mine is the early single.

Mine were both 2 speed. I still like the gun, I just think the paslode has a bit more power. My father had paslode guns for years and I'm well aware of their imperfections too including having to put the gas inside your jumper for a while on cold mornings. I'm still a fan to the dewalt, not needing to worry about gas is a big plus. I was just trying to point out the pros and cons.

Back