Best meal ever....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodbloke

Established Member
Reaction score
....was the one I've just cooked. Three rashers, three bangers, fried bread, baked beans and two steam fried eggs, plus tea. Lots of tea :) - Rob

Hey Rob

It appears I am misssing somethig in my life.
You said "two steam fried eggs"
The question is: How to steam fry eggs?
Your help is required. :D :D

Travis

Travis Byrne":3jbfxthe said:
Hey Rob

It appears I am misssing somethig in my life.
You said "two steam fried eggs"
The question is: How to steam fry eggs?
Your help is required. :D :D

Travis

Steam fried eggs are dead easy. Bring the pan (I use a seasoned cast iron skillet) to the normal temperature with a small amount of oil, crack the egg into it, turn down the heat, leave for a few seconds to partially cook and then add about a tablespoon of water to the pan. Place your plate on top of the pan to create a steamy atmosphere in it (also has the advantage of heating the plate) and leave alone for another few seconds to allow the egg to finish cooking. Remove plate and serve...yum :D - Rob

woodbloke":3urp5zvm said:
Travis Byrne":3urp5zvm said:
Thanks Rob
My wife said we will try that method tomorrow. :D :D
Travis
Travis - let us know what you think...I'm sure you'll like them :D - Rob

Yes please come back and say :) I'm not allowed fry ups during the week but I insist on my Sunday morning breakkie being all that you had and steam fried sounds intriging (Sp?)

Hey again Rob

Reporting in as ordered.
Breakfast is over and the dishes washed. Included in breakfast was 2 'steam fried eggs'. Following your directions, the outcome was outstanding or as I have heard some of you say----it worked a treat.
:D Thanks for your recipe.
Travis

In a former career as a butcher, one of the first jobs i learned was how to make b/pudding. And i still eat it. :wink:

Back