Best Makita 18v tools

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup same as the one I bought from amazon, but for my DeWalt's just waiting for it to arrive.

Mike

Arrived the other day, strange the 18volt NiMh drills using the adaptor and 18volt LiIo batteries loose their normal power, must be a resistance somewhere, will have to investigate this.

Mike

Following up here- I bought the Makita cordless chainsaw (DUC353Z) and some batteries. Brilliant bit of kit for taking down the odd tree, or filling a trailer with logs.

I have an extensive set of 18v Makita tools including drills, jig saw, circular saw, reciprocating saw, hedge trimmer and my newest addition a cordless router (oh the freedom!).

Every tool is built to the highest standard and I have yet to have a tool let me down. I have a number of both 3ah and 5ah batteries to keep me going (the circular saw takes two and eats them for breakfast).

Best investment I ever made.

Makita 18v are the basis of my business. And they just work. All my tools are old and supposedly won't take the bigger batteries but a mod with a chisel sorts them out! I brought mine in a kit of 6 8 years ago I think. None have broken. Changed the brushes as they had gone brittle. Still use the original charger as well.
I sometimes use the sawzall to cut openings for doors with a carbide blade!

Let's just say I like NICE tools, I'm generally broke as f, but I will spend $$$ on the best Stuff I can get when it comes to things that matters - So there's your answer 18v Makita!
Got their New Brushless Impact, 2x Brushless drills ( large&small) , brushless jigsaw, multitool which isn't that good tbh, circular saw, and a lawnmower!
I sold all my old tools all with different chargers/batteries /CORDS- I hate cords btw... and went for one system- Haven't looked back, life now is so much easier and everything takes up like 3x less space!
the only exception is my sander -Mirka, I doubt I will ever swap it for anything made by makita or anyone else tho.

Get their better stuff not the lowest entry level stuff and you will have very smooth and precise tools you can depend on& which hold their resale value incredibly well - You can buy a good makita tool,use it for 2-3years and sell it for maybe a 20% Loss :D How cool is that?

memzey":pswuqpnt said:
Some Makita stuff is actually made in England, my jigsaw definitely is and some of their other tools are as well like the plunge saw and a couple of their mitre saws.

Well i've learnt something new today! Is it shown on the spec label?

Yep - I’m away from the shed at the moment but I’ll take a pic next time if I remember. When I’m looking for a new power tool (which is quite infrequent nowadays) I always check for a Makita that fits the bill first. Not only are they professional quality and going to get the job done, there is a fair chance that it will be made in England as well.

I seem to remember seeing a discussion about Makita being made in the UK and think it was decided that it should really say "assembled" in the UK, obviously still a good thing.

Doug

Here you go, jigger and plunge saw both made in the U.K. I think their snazzier chop saws are made here as well:
ahHyne1.jpg

NTolo2K.jpg

Woodmonkey":38tuovo9 said:
Aside from the usual drill/ drivers, the smaller single battery sds is very very good. I've also got the brushless jigsaw which i rate highly. Keep eyeing up the coffee machine!

We've got the coffee maker - more for the giggle of being 'gentlemen builder' than anything else. It does work, but tbh an aeropress and kettle make much better coffee.

I do like the makita 18v kit though - drill/driver, SDS, circular saw, jigsaw and impact driver are all good.

Back