Best finish for new pine garden table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's just 19 x 38 treated lath/tile batten - the existing fence was slotted concrete posts and waney edge panels. I fixed vertical battens to the concete posts (SDS drill required!) and to the intermediates on the fence panels. Battens fixed with staples from a battery nail gun, using bits of 12mm plywood as spacers as I went along with the gun. The top and bottom rails were screwed on just for a bit of extra fixing.

A LOT of timber and a LOT of staples (fence run was about 20m althogether - I'm saving up to the other side of the garden that has featheredge which is OK, but not as smart.

The lath is getting harder to find in the natural colour (I got mine from a fencing merchant) as builders merchants now only seem to stock the painted roof battens.

... and some pix (the pattern on the fence is the camera!!

View attachment 135827 View attachment 135824
What's wrong with a pink fence!!!🤣🤣🤣

What's wrong with a pink fence!!!🤣🤣🤣

Black is better! - this was the first go at the batten fence at the front of the house - picture taken at Christmas with our seasonal cut-outs (we have Easter & Rembrance Sunday too!)

cutouts-dec21.jpg

Latest posts

Back