Best Dremel-type multitool?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJP

Established Member
Reaction score
I've had a Dremel 400 Digital multitool for a while - maybe ten years - though it's only been very lightly and occasionally used.

Yesterday, while cutting short some cupboard handle fixing screws, it released the magic smoke.

On dismantling I found that a couple of the rotor windings had shorted and burnt out.

Considering that the item probably had well less than an hour's actual use during it's life I'm not impressed.

So, now to buy another multitool - a mains one, can't be doing with batteries. And not necessarily a Dremel brand, though it has to be compatible with Dremel bits and pieces since I've got loads!

What is the best, toughest, most durable and reliable mains one to buy these days?

Martin.

Well, that's pretty cut and dried Marcros thanks - I found your 2015 thread on the subject and i'm going for the Proxxon item - well recommended in Amazon reviews as well.
Thanks.
Martin.

I also have a proxxon and would highly recommend it - I have the stand/press and vice as well all part of a kit - can't go wrong in my opinion.

Thanks Padster - already ordered via Chronos, looking forward to seeing if it's as good as everyone says - I hope so, It's a handy tool.
Martin.

Back