Best Birch plywood supplier???

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you done some SWAT analysis?

I ask as CNC wooden products are quite a saturated market these days.

I usually go to Falcon Panel Products but I’m in High Wycombe and I’m not sure if they’d deliver to you, maybe for bulk I suppose. Also I’ve not bought any ply since august so dunno about prices but they’re one of the main uk importers of sheet goods and are usually the cheapest near me.

Ps. not sure I agree with martin.pearson about it taking along time to machine a logo, a couple of minutes max as long as its not a super complex design. If you have to buy a laser as well thats an extra machine or at least an extra head so you aren`t going to save any time there. A stamp might be good though and you could easily machine one on your cnc.

Ollie

That's a fair comment, OK I confess it was a very badly worded post lol maybe not a long time but longer than how I thought I might best do it , I don't do production work but was trying to look at it from that point of view. I would machine the pockets & profile the same way you have mentioned with a 6mm compression bit, I don't have ATC so then I would have to do a bit change & re zero before cutting the logo, after cutting I would have to seal it & then paint it. I have a small laser mounted to the side of my spindle, so could run the pocket & profile toolpaths & then straight after run the laser for the logo & the jobs done.
What I do is mostly one offs using Hardwoods so not a lot of experience with sheet goods & no experience with production work what so ever.

Its true about having to change the bit being a pain, you only have to re zero the Z though. I have got fairly quick at this and use a little Z sensor on a lead I put on top of the work. It would be nice to have a laser on the machine as well but I would probably blind myself with it or set something on fire !
I am upgrading to an ATC soon but no laser yet.

Ollie

Back