Bessey UK60 Clamps on offer at 8.22 inc. vat.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With delivery charges like that, they're obviously not looking for too much business...

Neil i think you will find that Mike is refering to the Scottish delivery charges (zone C) which at £17 for orders under £75 or £12.50 for orders over £75.00, is extorsion, especially when you think that there are many companies that do not charge any extra at all.

Regards

Woody

Woody

Woodythepecker":30vnrwmq said:
Neil i think you will find that Mike is refering to the Scottish delivery charges

Yes, I knew that, but I was trying to clarify it for others.

Midnight":30vnrwmq said:
With delivery charges like that, they're obviously not looking for too much business...

This was what Mike posted.

Neil":30vnrwmq said:
With delivery charges like that, they're obviously not looking for too much business outside England and Wales.

This was what I was suggesting.

Cheers
Neil

Well I dunno. £6.50 (+ VAT) under £75 (+ VAT) seems pretty discouraging too... :-k As for charging more for Scotland, that's unbelievable. The Highlands and Islands mebbe, but the rest? What are they using - the Pony Express? Afraid the Clans will ambush the stage coach? :roll:

Cheers, Alf

Afraid the Clans will ambush the stage coach?

dinna go puttin ideas in my head.. ;)

sides, it'd be too easy... needing 2 days to get here gives it a speed barely above walking pace... hardly a challenge...

The clans ought to ambush the stage coach! That's a disgrace! I hope they get no business from Scotland :evil:

certainly didn't get mine...

Axminster's given me free shipping and (more often than not) next day delivery... canna argue with that....

Same here, Axminster only a couple or three days max usually, sometimes even next day if I'm lucky and no extra charge. Xpress appear to be as bad as Rutlands with shipping charges.
No disrepect on your original post Neil.

Rgds

Noel, apparently off shore on another continent....

Hi Noel

Noel":1d0bpymk said:
No disrepect on your original post Neil.

No problem.

I was just trying to give a heads-up to everyone outside God's own country and England.

Cheers
Neil

PS I know where the bunker is now.

Alf":2vjow6an said:
What are they using - the Pony Express? Afraid the Clans will ambush the stage coach? :roll:

Well maybe they don't give the ponies back and thats why the price is sooo high! :shock: :wink:

Can anybody explain the wildly varying postage costs the moment you mention "Northern Ireland"? CPC, bless'em, are free postage over £30 AND next day delivery unless you order several cwt (pre-decimal weight) of metal.
One yahoo, who shall remain nameless, calmly told me I was "outside the scope of surface mail"!!!!!!! Another added £15 to an existing p&p £17.50 to send my son's iPod, as he "had to employ two carriers".
This, when I live 1/4 mile from where the Navy has their missiles manufactured......I wonder was postage a major factor when the MoD costed that one?
Any excuse to palm a buck eh? All you browsing in the Highlands and Islands could no doubt tell a similar story, but the last time I drove to Achmelvick, Torridon and Ullapool, the roads were good and damn near traffic free. Soooo, come on all you shysters, if CPC CAN DO IT AND IN STYLE, WHY CAN'T YOU?

Newbie_Neil wrote:

Woody

Woodythepecker wrote:

Neil i think you will find that Mike is refering to the Scottish delivery charges...

Yes, I knew that, but i was trying to clarify it for others.

Midnight wrote:

This is what Mike posted.

Neil wrote:

With delivery charges like that, they're obviously not looking for much business outside England and Wales.

This was what i was suggesting

"That was the word according to St Neil" :wink:

I wrote:

Neil i think you will find that Mike is referring to the Scottish delivery charges (zone C) which at £17 for orders under £75 or £12.50 for orders over £75.00, is extorsion, especially when you think that there are many companies that do not charge any extra at all.

Neil :roll: If you read my post again i am sure you will see that i too was trying to clarify it for others, this is why i also stated the charges. Which i will say once again is down right extorsion.
As others have said there are companies that do not charge any extra yet they often manage to give and meet a next day delivery.

Regards

Woody

Well maybe they don't give the ponies back and thats why the price is sooo high!

with delivery charges like that I'd reckon the ponies to be bought n paid for as part of the sale... sheesh...

Neil i think you will find that Mike is referring to the Scottish delivery charges (zone C) which at £17 for orders under £75 or £12.50 for orders over £75.00, is extorsion, especially when you think that there are many companies that do not charge any extra at all.

for the record, what Mike's sayin is that any company chargin delivery prices like that is one I wouldn't do business with, much less endorse...

<who's just been quoted free delivery on a sub £30 sale with next business day delivery... from Essex of all places..>

see what can be done when ya put yer mind to it..??????

Mike, living not far from you i have to say that free pxp on a sub £30 purchase all the way from essex is not bad at all.

Regards

Woody

Back