Bessey KT Edge Clamps

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at getting some edge clamps and I wondered whether anyone uses Bessey KT Edge Clamps?

The description says, "Locating on the bar of your 'F'/Screw clamp between the open jaws they will securely hold lipping or edge repairs in place while the glue cures. Supplied as either double or single screw assemblies according to the amount and area you need to apply."

Do they work? Are they a lot of hassle? Do you have the single or double?

Lots of questions I know, but they are a lot cheaper than Ekt-55 On-hand Edge Clamp.

Hope you can help.

Cheers
Neil

Amother alternative might be the Klemsia-type cam cramp (http://www.voxhumanawebstore.nl/webstor ... ts_id=2077 - sorry, in Dutch) which have a side clamp available. Quite popular with ninstrument makers because they're not too heavy. Depends how much pressure you meed to apply and how much area you need to cover. BTW Robert Wearing details making this type of cramp in a couple of his books.

Scrit

Welcome back, Scrit! :D - great to see you posting again! \:D/

Cheers,
Neil

There is another type of cramp called an "A-cramp". This mis a largish steel spring cramp with a shaped rubber block insert inside the clamp so that when you clamp, it nonto,the edge of the piece the rubber "bung" bis pressed against the lipping. I have a few dozen of these which are used for thick solid wood edgings and the like, for which they are quite effective. Can't remember who makes them, but they ARE British and I recall that they cost around a fiver each. If I can find their address I'll post it

Scrit

Scrit":1mkzlxdm said:
There is another type of cramp called an "A-cramp". Can't remember who makes them, but they ARE British and I recall that they cost around a fiver each. If I can find their address I'll post it.

That sounds good to me.

Cheers
Neil

Back