Bessey Clamps

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Thought i would take the plunge and buy a few of these clamps to see if you realy do get what you pay for. Right here goes i bought a selection of K body clamps, GH all steel lever clamps and some TG screw clamps. I must say these clamps are worth every penny best clamps i've ever used, they grip your work well no sliding around, even pressure distribution across the jaws (puts my record sash's to shame), just a real pleasure to use. The little screw clamps were so much better than the ones i had i gave my old ones away. I was realy surprised at the difference decent clamps made. I plan to buy more in the near future but the 18 clamps i bought blew this months budget :shock:

Price = OMG how much :lol:
construction = excellent
pros = if they stand the test of time you will use on every job over any other clamp you have.
cons = you will probably end up putting all your other clamps in the bin :lol:
i would give these clamps 10/10, BTW anyone from bessey lurkin a couple more clamps for the review would be nice PM me for postal address :lol:

Hi AP

I don't know what you paid but Xpress construction normally have excellent prices and D&M were doing some deals a little while ago.

Cheers
Neil

Neil i did get them for a real good price but when you buy a few at a time say 18 collectively you just spent a small fortune :lol: but having said that these clamps have gotta be the best i have ever used and i have used a few different clamps ranging from £3 - £60 of varying makes. I am very happy i gave them a try i may even have a look at the cheaper uniclamps at tools 2004 but i do really like the k bodies .

AP,

The uniclamps are nice little lightweight clamps useful for a variety of things but they are not a replacement for the K bodies. If you try to wind them up too tight, the metal bar starts to bend and there goes any parallelism and there is no more real clamping force available.

Having said that I have four and use them all the time!

Latest posts

Back