Bench top router table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good afternoon all,

I'm a woodworking novice and have just finished my small (4.8m x 2.4m) workshop. Due to the very limited space, I was looking for advice as to whether a bench top router table is worth buying? Or can I manage with my workbench and jigs?
Thank you in advance for any thoughts on this.
Brian

Hi Brian,
I’m also a relative novice and got a Trend CRT/MK3 Craft Pro router table about 6 months ago which I find ideal as it doesn’t take up much space at all. I have it mounted on a movable base which makes it much easier to work with both inside and outside and easily tucks in the corner when not in use.
Depends what you’re going to be routing but I find having the table makes life a lot easier (and safer!) than clamping.
Cheers, Dave

D21B059F-1E0D-45EB-B74A-563434A1EE6A.jpeg

Good afternoon all,

I'm a woodworking novice and have just finished my small (4.8m x 2.4m) workshop. Due to the very limited space, I was looking for advice as to whether a bench top router table is worth buying? Or can I manage with my workbench and jigs?
Thank you in advance for any thoughts on this.
Brian
I've had the Charnwood bench top router table for a few years now and find it invaluable. I have a length of 3x2 bolted between the legs and just clamp it in my workmate. I did make new fence out of MDF offcuts but other than that well happy with it.

The way I see it with routing is a table gets used for most of the routing but there are times to use it hand held too. A benchtop table is a good space saver but mounted on a wheeled base like Dave has it will be easier to use. The best space saver router table is having the router built in to a wing of the tablesaw if thats possible.
Regards
John

Hi Brian,
I’m also a relative novice and got a Trend CRT/MK3 Craft Pro router table about 6 months ago which I find ideal as it doesn’t take up much space at all. I have it mounted on a movable base which makes it much easier to work with both inside and outside and easily tucks in the corner when not in use.
Depends what you’re going to be routing but I find having the table makes life a lot easier (and safer!) than clamping.
Cheers, Dave

View attachment 123773
Hi Dave, many thanks for your advice, Regards, Brian

I recently bought the larger workshop version of the Trend one posted by @Woodwoodpecka to help me in my quest to become a better woodworker. Fortunately I was able to secure a good deal on it and a Trend T11 router package. I have been extremely happy with my purchase, the only slight issue is that the writing etc. on the router plate is already wearing off but that does not really bother me. I saw the worktop model in the shop when I collected mine and it looked suitably impressive

Sean

Back