Bench Top Bandsaw ???

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dieseldog

Established Member
Reaction score
been looking to buy a new Bandsaw some time later in the year
ive been looking at the Benchtops but the only ones ive found on the net are a 80mm Max cut of Depth

Is there anyother Benchtop bandsaws on the market with more then 80mm Depth of Cut ?

Thanks Dave

Record Power BS250 Benchtop Bandsaw has a 120mm maximum depth of cut.
Also the Axminster AWHBS250N Bandsaw.

Dieseldog":43gdsg6y said:
Thanks for that
im liking the Axminster
The next model up looks pretty good as well for the extra money
I have the Axminster AWHBS350N Bandsaw and would thoroughly recommend it. The base/cabinet however is a bit of a challenge to put together - you do need to closely read and re-read the instructions and diagrams :)

As always with any bandsaw don't bother with the supplied blade - get one from Ian at Tuffsaws

ive been reading the reviews on both of them and a few say that they are a bit trickey to put together

As for new Blades think i would use midcornwall saws as they are local to me

Hi, I have the Record BS250 and I can't fault it. It will cut 100mm kiln dried Elm as long as you take it slow and that is with the factory supplied blade. It's fine for preparing blanks. I didn't buy the factory stand, I built a simple cabinet with 19mm ply and installed lockable castors. I use it to store all kinds of stuff so it has a lot of weight to keep it stable.

J.B.

I also have the BS250 and can't really fault it

BUT

120mm depth of cut soon gets to feel small when you acquire a beautiful log you want to cut into blanks. With hindsight, I wish I had waited a bit and paid more for the greater depth. Assuming you buy from a quality manufacturer, for the woodturner the depth of cut is probably the biggest differentiator.

Back