Bench saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom

Use the search function, this saw has been discussed many times

Mark

+1 on this saw. do you have a saw at the moment, if not then you cant compare it to anything! kinda! this was my first saw (i bought it as the package) it does everything i need it to without a problem. but buy a good blade with it - i have a Freud 30 tooth blade and it gives great results

hi tom i have one of these saws, i got it from ebay not very old i paid £100 all instructions and tool kit with sliding table,
it is a good saw but some parts could be better but over all it is a nice saw.
pip

what a bargain

Pip
Would you recommend it is there any need for the cross cut sledge kit and extra length what would you change about it

what are you planning on making and what space do you have? the extension tables can take up a lot of room and if you are only occasionally cutting full sheets of ply, get B and Q to cut it into manageable chunks (or use a circular saw to do so).

I likwe the sliding carriage on my kity, which is very similar. A mitre gauge might do similarly though- I have no experience of that though.

I have the TS-200 myself, and I find the sliding carriage almost as indispensable as the stand!

(If you do go for it, one tip: bear in mind when you assemble it that the furthest forward that the carriage needs to go is just far enough for the fence to clear the front of the blade; if you leave too much run-off past the blade, you limit the length of things you can fit because you can't pull the carriage back far enough to fit them in front of the blade. I've been putting it off, but I really need to move mine for just this reason.)

It's my first table saw, so I can't compare it to personal experience with other saws, but I like it. It has the big advantage over many in its class that it has an induction motor; when it's running but not cutting, I can barely hear it over the noise of my dust extractor! I did go for the whole package, because I wanted the sliding carriage and the leg stand, and IIRC when I got mine it made the extension table cost something like £15 and it seemed silly not to. That said, I've not assembled the extension yet, although sooner or later I'm going to have to!

I have the TS-200 myself, and I find the sliding carriage almost as indispensable as the stand!

(If you do go for it, one tip: bear in mind when you assemble it that the furthest forward that the carriage needs to go is just far enough for the fence to clear the front of the blade; if you leave too much run-off past the blade, you limit the length of things you can fit because you can't pull the carriage back far enough to fit them in front of the blade. I've been putting it off, but I really need to move mine for just this reason.)

It's my first table saw, so I can't compare it to personal experience with other saws, but I like it. It has the big advantage over many in its class that it has an induction motor; when it's running but not cutting, I can barely hear it over the noise of my dust extractor! I did go for the whole package, because I wanted the sliding carriage and the leg stand, and IIRC when I got mine it made the extension table cost something like £15 and it seemed silly not to. That said, I've not assembled the extension yet, although sooner or later I'm going to have to!

Latest posts

Back