Bench Hook Shooting Board - Design

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave_G

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone provide me with an electronic (emailable) design for a shooting board. One like David Charlesworth uses in his DVD would be good.

Thanks,

David

Alf - nice avatar!

Don't wish to question DC as he's a pro and has been at it for a long time, but does it work well using the bench top to run the plane on?? Every design I have seen and used has had a baseboard you can keep polished or waxed.

I just completed a shooting board based on DC's design. I placed it on one-half inch MDF to protect my bench. I extended the half inch MDF about 2.75 in. on the left and right hand sides to accommodate my plane. I also extended it about 5 in. beyond the fence for a longer runway.
I followed the plan Alf linked to in her post. At the bottom of the first page, DC mentions that thin MDF can be used to protect the bench, although he doesn't do this in the DVD. After all, it was probably LN's bench anyway.

Greetings I have a pdf plan of DCs shooting board if you would like it let me know where to send it.

edit
oops just noticed its the same one as Alf's link leads to.

Back