bench grinders

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leptus

Established Member
Reaction score
hallo there can any one help me, i am looking for an extention to the spindle or shaft to my bench grinder so i can fit a wider wheel, if that is possible. best regards

phil.p":1k0zctkc said:
I suspect you'll struggle - the bearings etc. are meant to take the size wheel the machine's designed for. If it was designed for a larger wheel, it would probably be sold with a larger wheel on it.

Phil, if he was talking about a larger diameter wheel, I'd agree with you totally, but it's not uncommon to fit 1" wheels in place of 3/4", providing there's enough clearance between the guard and the wheel faces.

Peter Hemsley at the Toolpost sells O'Donell "Ruby" wheels with depressed centres to enable this to be done without messsing about with the shaft and I'm sure that others do similar. :wink:

phil.p":3tgyywws said:
I suspect you'll struggle - the bearings etc. are meant to take the size wheel the machine's designed for. If it was designed for a larger wheel, it would probably be sold with a larger wheel on it.

Phil, if he was talking about a larger diameter wheel, I'd agree with you totally, but it's not uncommon to fit 1" wheels in place of 3/4", providing there's enough clearance between the guard and the wheel faces.

Peter Hemsley at the Toolpost sells O'Donell "Ruby" wheels with depressed centres to enable this to be done without messsing about with the shaft and I'm sure that others do similar. :wink:

thanks for all your replies , may be i did not make self clear when i started the post i did not mean the dia i meant the thickness of the wheel . i certainly will look at O'Donell rubey wheel.

Latest posts

Back