Bench grinder disc

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve355

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

i have seen on various videos, slim bench grinding discs with a radius edge, used for grinding internal curved profiles (such as hollow plane blades). I have searched but can’t seem to find these on the usual sources.

any ideas?

thanks
Steve

It would probably be referred to as a ‘wheel’ rather than a disc on a bench grinder / off-hand grinder so that may help your search, but what you’ve seen is probably the result of the wheel being radiused to the users preference with a dressing tool.

It would probably be referred to as a ‘wheel’ rather than a disc on a bench grinder / off-hand grinder so that may help your search, but what you’ve seen is probably the result of the wheel being radiused to the users preference with a dressing tool.
Wheel, yes, that’s what I meant

Like this…. But I can’t find that specific product anywhere.

Attachments

• E34EBC9B-5CC9-4FAD-9009-5593D10E2D77.png
    E34EBC9B-5CC9-4FAD-9009-5593D10E2D77.png
    938.5 KB · Views: 0
Decide what size and grit stone you need and go to a decent supplier like Abrasive Distributors & Suppliers | Midland Abrasives
- get a dressing tool or devil stone and shape to suit your needs.
I think we're going to get one of these
https://www.midlandabrasives.com/products/grinding-wheel-150-x-20-x-31-75-wa-60kv-gw1258.htmlfor shaping and putting an edge on HSS turning tools on a metal lathe, but can't figure out the grade. I'm thinking about 100/ 120 grit equivalent - what would that be in grinding wheel terms? I have searched online but not found equivalences.

eta - found this guide useful, order now in:

Last edited:
Back