Bench grinder and fitting a White wheel

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's plenty of 150mm x 19mm white wheels about - I wouldn't think the extra 3mm width would matter.

Humm yeah, I'm not sure whether it's worth just getting the axminster £43 one as it comes with a nice wide white wheel. My intentions are to use the grinder for sharpening turning chisels.

A 40mm wider wheel is far more convenient for turning tool sharpening, especially if you are new to sharpening, it accommodates any tool jig swing better and reduces some of the limitations imposed in keeping the tool on a narrower wheel.

I got the axminster - narrow grey on left, wider white on right - it's great (and I am a complete numpty novice at the sharpening and turning malarkey).
I bought the jig with it and have managed to sharpen all the tools effectively enough.

HTH

Greg

I went for it this afternoon and ordered one :) I plan on making one of those jigs that slide underneath and out from the wheel to give you a fixed angle.

Back