Bench dog hole tear out

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just a cheapskate and don't buy anything if I don't have to!
Fair play. For me £50 in my type of bench to sort all my work holding for life is a fair deal. Who knows, maybe all those 3" thick 'fashion' benches have a point after all eh Jacob? 😗*whistle*

Didnt Stanley holddowns originally come with a steel plate you countersunk into the top :unsure:
As did the terrible bright green Chinese cast holdfasts from Axminster that I ruined my new solid beech bench fitting them into. They snapped like they were made of cheese and then I had to have a local engineering firm re make the holdfasts in welded up steel to fit the 1” sunk in plates. They are all now replaced by the Gramercy ones, I brought them back from the States in July when I returned and look very similar to those you are about to buy which look super,
I don’t know if it’s me but I’ve only ever used one of them up to now. Maybe there will be a time in the future when I need to use them both. I don’t know, but think I would still have bought a pair. Best of luck with them Ian

Why do they make someting out of an unsuitable material? I know the cost is king, but chocolate kettles come to mind.
To praise the company selling the ones I was going to buy I asked for a credit as I'd been advised not to buy them as I'd been told they snapped, and the money was refunded without any problem - I will buy something from them in the future.

Back