Belt sander recommendations please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mikita 9404
Have to agree with Ollie, the Mikita is a serious tool, with metal bodywork, it can be clamped to bench for static use. It has the advantage of an optional frame for large flat surfaces (table tops)

Hi

Makita 9404.
A proper solid tool. I have had a 110v one for 20 years and it still works fine (bit noisy now) .

I have found that most 110V tools do last longer than their 230V cousins, not sure why as the motor will be pulling nearly twice the current for a given power but at proportially less voltage. Could it be that the OEM knows they will be used by the trade for site work and have better quality control.

how big is the table top, get it to my workshop in Matching Green and i'll put it through my speedsander if it fits, 960mm wide max. Cost = some buscuits for the lads in the shop?

Hey Bob that is so kind of you to offer, I'll get measured up and see if it will fit in the car and get in touch..
Really appreciate it, cheers

I'm after a a belt sander for a dining table top I've glued up.
But I won't be using it again for while so just asking if anyone has experience with the screwfix mac alister or worth upgrading to a bosch?
Any help appreciated
I bought a Mac Allister belt sander 20 years ago from B&Q. It weighs a ton, is still going strong and replacement belts are still available from B&Q. Maybe I was just lucky.

Back