believe it or not!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mailee

Established Member
Reaction score
I have never fitted laminate flooring but have a job to fit some of the clip together stuff. Can any one give any advice to me and rough Idea of cost for a job like this. It is just one room which is around 12' sq well squareish of course but any advice would be a help.

I price at £20 per m2 sometimes its a nice job sometimes its a hallway so i go for £200 min charge .The click stuff is a nightmare on the ends , around doorways and tight spaces .

In what state are the skirting boards?

When I did mine I fitted new skirting boards over the floor which made fitting very quick and easy.

Andy

I'd remove the skirting and re-fit to conceal the expansion gap. Don't forget that the entrance door will need reducing if the door opens inwards. I also think that the click-together stuff is absolute pants! :)

Ray.

When you're fitting the boards don't force them together or the small tenon on top of the tongue just comes away. You'd think all the boards would be the same but generally they aren't, so if you are having dificulty fitting a board try a few others. I usually find one of them will fit easily.

Keith

Thanks guys, Unfortunately the customer already has the click stuff so there is no option there. I am hoping to remove the skirtings anyway, makes a neater job. If not it will have to be quadrant moulding. I will heed the advice about the ends though. Thanks.

Back