Belated.....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Padster

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I hadn’t realised ‘intros’ was a thing but I’ve seen a few so thought I’d add to them even though I joined in January.

I‘m more of a lurker and reader, but if I think I can add some value I will try, I read because I like to learn and believe you never stop.

Day job I work for a big corporate IT company yes I’m technical but no it does not mean I can fix your laptop, or install software or write programs - just like a woodturner may not be a great cabinet maker etc 😜

I‘m an enthusiastic amateur, have modified my garage into a workshop and have dabbled with wood for years and do love it. My family think what I do is good and if I impress my wife or daughter with something I make that’s good enough for me (as long as they tell me! Lol).

I can also be opinionated but as I always say don’t ask questions you don’t want answers too, and at the end of the day it’s only an opinion, people can take or leave them and hopefully we are all grown up enough to get along, something I believe happens here mostly - I quite like no politics rule - lol

Longer than I intended but hey-ho!

Welcome from me too.

I reckon there's a higher than average proportion of people with an IT background here and in woodworking generally. Maybe it's the logical mind reaching out for something you can actually see, touch and use.

Welcome from me too.

I reckon there's a higher than average proportion of people with an IT background here and in woodworking generally. Maybe it's the logical mind reaching out for something you can actually see, touch and use.
That is exactly it for me, well the last part - it's having an end product something I can touch and feel - I'm a consultant so spend most of my time talking about stuff (was an engineer back in the day) but not been 'hands on' for years.

IT affords me the lifestyle I want woodworking means I have to do IT lol!

I noticed that theres a bizarre amount of IT people here....and a lot including me want to give it up but cant afford to. luckily I can hit wood with a hammer as my company looks down on hitting EMC gear :/

I noticed that theres a bizarre amount of IT people here....and a lot including me want to give it up but cant afford to. luckily I can hit wood with a hammer as my company looks down on hitting EMC gear :/
Do we know each other per chance ? :unsure:

I don't know.....do we? I am a storage engineer for an american internet company in Hayes......and thats my real name :)

Back