Belated intro....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dephill

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all,

I’ve been lurking for a while and have posted a few messages so thought I’d better introduce myself.

I’m Nick, a carpenter and rigger for the live events industry, a job which I love doing although nowadays I’m pretty much a full time dad for two boys, 5 and 7yrs old. My other half is a production manager in the events industry, she gets paid more and booked earlier so she always gets to go out working. 😕

I am lucky therefore to have a double garage to play in. (Never a car shall enter!)
Eventually I’ll build a garden shed and get the bikes and gardening equipment out of it too.

I haven’t built much in the workshop yet other than diy stuff like shelves and cupboards for us and our friends. I enjoy fettling/building/restoring the tools for the time being while I think of something I want to make when all the diy is finished (ie. never)

I shall attach pics of a couple of things I built and one of me at work (a while ago):

Attachments

• IMG_8482 (1).jpeg
    IMG_8482 (1).jpeg
    53.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_8915.jpeg
    IMG_8915.jpeg
    52.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 5445894A-516D-41CE-8C14-28DEC302EE54.jpeg
    5445894A-516D-41CE-8C14-28DEC302EE54.jpeg
    108.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG-20120729-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20120729-WA0000.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 33
Welcome, your cupboards look great. I particularly like the one built to fit round the dividing wall, fills what would otherwise be a really awkward space.

Welcome, your cupboards look great. I particularly like the one built to fit round the dividing wall, fills what would otherwise be a really awkward space.
Thanks Richard,
I’m afraid I can’t take much credit, the rough idea was the client/friend.
I was happy with the result though.

Back