Begging message

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
I need 24 brass x3/4" no 3's screws for some brass hinges which my local supplier cannot supply.

Anyone got any to spare. Exchange a new rubber mat (holds timber to the bench very nicely) ?

I know you're only looking a couple of dozen screws but if all else fails, you can get them here: Jamestown Distributors

I don't think I have any need for brass screws that size but maybe I do and don't know it. ;) Maybe we could find something to trade besides your rubber mat. Do you have any cheese? :lol:

Thanks DaveR.

If things become desperate I shall place an order with the states, problem of course is I never expect to use the size again.

At the present time the LOL is awaiting completion of the latest embroidery box as per picture.

2005_1022newbox0001web.jpg

DW,

3/4" is very long for a No.3 screw with high risk of breakage! Can you get away with shorter? As noted Screwfix do 3 * 1/2" and Ironmongery Direct go up to 3 * 5/8".

If 3*3/8" would be long enough, then pm your address and I will send some.

David

Well DW, let me know if you need a hand. That embroidery box sure looks nice. The LOYL will be pleased.

Paisawood, the trick to driving brass screws is to first drive a steel screw into the hole. Then replace it with the brass one. ;)

Pleased to report that screw shortage problem was solved for me, a neighbour came visiting wanting a bit of 3x2 ripped up which I happily obliged, and in passing I asked by any chance if he had got any no. 3 brass screws and my request was granted.

Thanks all hope to finish off the above box later today, in the meantime I have been preparing for the next edition around 40ft of 3x1 ripped up for the next big box. :)

Latest posts

Back