beeswax

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

As a beekeeper, I am looking at ways of selling some of beeswax that I produce in the form of polishes- do wood turners use any beeswax containing polishes/products? I am sure that I can hunt down some recipes if anybody could give me a name of what they use (if they indeed do).

Thanks
Mark

Most of the 'soft' or 'paste' waxes I have used are a blend of beeswax and higher melting point carnauba wax I believe.

Personally I only use such these days on items not likely to be handled a lot due to the low melting point of the bees wax which dulls over time with hand heat and can show water marks if subject splashes.

When I were a lad.......
..... back in the 1940s, my family always made their own furniture polish using beeswax and turpentine -smelled lovely, and gave that patina/shine that characterises old farmhouse furniture. But not really suitable for anything that gets a lot of handling or any risk of damp.
I've made mixtures of beeswax, carnauba and turpentine for restoration purposes, and it's OK-ish, but not brilliant.

Back