Beeswax polish

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

As a beekeeper, I am looking at ways of selling some of beeswax that I produce in the form of polishes- does anybody use any beeswax containing polishes/products either for finishing, or maintaining a finish? I am sure that I can hunt down some recipes if anybody could give me a name of what they use (if they indeed do).

Thanks
Mark

I made some Beeswax Cream following Sam Maloof's recipe - using wax and turpentine I think?
Give it a Google - it works well.

Rod

I used to use furniture wax that I got from Quince Honey Farm in Devon for my final polish before delivering to a customer - Had a fantastic natural honey smell and gave a fantastic shine.

Customers always used to comment on the lovely smell and I purchased small tins directly from them which I supplied to the customers with their furniture.

Good luck with your recipes - I will look forward to trying some

Rog

Dodge":1xqvflgu said:
I used to use furniture wax that I got from Quince Honey Farm in Devon for my final polish before delivering to a customer - Had a fantastic natural honey smell and gave a fantastic shine.

Customers always used to comment on the lovely smell and I purchased small tins directly from them which I supplied to the customers with their furniture.

Rog

Rog, I will send some when I make a batch. Was it a hard(ish) polish or a soft cream that you used?

marcros":22q0jv9q said:
Dodge":22q0jv9q said:

Rog

Rog, I will send some when I make a batch. Was it a hard(ish) polish or a soft cream that you used?

It was a hard wax and took some elbow grease to apply and rub off - I think I still have a tin, If I have I will try and get you a sample of it in the post

Rog

I have not used beeswax in hard form yet but have been told it gives a great finish, I usually leave the finishing oil once wiped. Is the wax likely to add sheen?

Back