Beech kitchen worktop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenledger

Established Member
Reaction score
It's time to give out beech kitchen worktop a bit of TLC. It will need a good sanding working to finer grades.
But what is the best finish to put on it. obviously it needs something relatively hard wearing and water proof.
Looking for some good advice.

I have just built 2 hexagonal oak shelves and an oak vanity unit for my daughters bathroom to install a counter top basin on to. I used Osmo top oil after reading as much as I could find about it. It went on easily and looks really good hopefully it is as good as the manufacturers say.

Last edited:
Have used Osmo before but just thought i would ask. Just ordered some Osmo Clear Satin Top Oil
Now to check on what sanding disks i have.

Have used Osmo before but just thought i would ask. Just ordered some Osmo Clear Satin Top Oil
Now to check on what sanding disks i have.
I an no joiner and I don't do this too often but I was surprised that they recommended sanding to no finer than 150 for worktops, to let the finish soak in but it worked out well. I used Osmo top oil 3028 clear satin.

I recently did the same. Used a bahco scraper instead of sanding which worked well and left a good finish, then used osmo. I was going to buy top oil but was told by woodfinishesdirect it's the same as polyx which I had loads of so just used polyx. So far so good

I have seen elsewhere that someone waxed the worktop. Waxing is good but on a worktop?

Here are two videos by Matt Estlea on refinishing a kitchen worktop.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Back