Beech Bench MFT style modifications

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandlin

Established Member
Reaction score
I have an old Beech Bench rescued from a Government Lab in to late 1960's and handed down to me. It has been my general wood-butchery bench for the last 18 years or so. Time has come for me to make a few modifications.

I have recently acquired a track saw and want to make a Festool MFT style cutting station with this bench. I am thinking sufficient dog holes to ensure I can cross and rip cut using the track saw and just a handful of other holes to allow the use of surface clamps - no more than 10 holes all told. I have no desire to perforate this like a tea bag.

In the process I'm also going to plane the surface and edge flat and add an apron with work supporting including a a recesses T-Track type arrangement.

The top is 40mm thick... which i suspect is far too thick for this kind of clamp...
Festool_489570.jpg

I'm open to suggestions on different clamp types that might work both through the table top and into a festool style T-Track.

Other thoughts also welcome.

I'm mostly a power tool woodworker (don't judge) with a few hand tools thrown in.

Thanks Matt. Good to see there are options.
Great for the t-track, but I don't think i'm going to get those through a 20mm dog hole 40mm deep though... :?

Oh I Love you Matt - have my babies!

That's ideal ... doubles as a bench dog and a clamp!

How did i not find these before????

Latest posts

Back