Bee on honeycomb

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toonie

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just finished this piece “Bee on Honeycomb”. It’s my design but I pinched the idea from Fiona kingdon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq840ZsIwyA who is an amazing scroll saw artist whom I spoke to at the Midland Woodworking Show in Newark where she was demonstrating her work. It started life as a 3 inch Beech bowl blank that I cut in half, Stained with Chestnut Golden Oak, I really should have used something a bit thinner as I had to use about 10 blades to get it finished (Pegas Reverse Skip No 9’s) on my Ex16 Scroll saw. The blades weren’t wearing out but getting jammed in the cut with the really fine sawdust being produced & kinking & breaking whilst trying to protect the piece from damage.

Bee-On-Honeycomb-001.jpg

Bee-On-Honeycomb-002.jpg

Attachments

• Bee-On-Honeycomb-001.jpg
    Bee-On-Honeycomb-001.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 936
  • Bee-On-Honeycomb-002.jpg
    Bee-On-Honeycomb-002.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 846
  • Bee-On-Honeycomb-003.jpg
    Bee-On-Honeycomb-003.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 817
That's fantastic!!! That must have taken a while to do.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

SUPERB! I love it and considering the size 3" that is some great cutting no wonder ya wore blades out, its very unusual and would make a beautiful box lid maybe a honey jar :) .
I would love to be able to do scroll work like that it really is a lovely piece, what's next?

Cheers
Brian
ps For something that size i would have used a no 3 skip blade so using a number 9 is mega.

Lol Claymore, Sorry, I didn't explain very well in my opening comments about the piece. It is is 12 inches(30cm) across & 1.5inches (35mm) approx thick, That's why i had to use No 9's. :D

LOL its still brilliant, i did wonder why you used such a large blade at the time for a 3" diameter lol

12 hours work at minimum wage about £8 an hour plus materials cost you could be asking for a selling price of over £120 or more, but would any one pay that price to buy it. Even though it is a lovely piece of work and shows your skills admirably

Back