Bedside Cabinet

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jez

Established Member
Reaction score
bedside%20casbinet.jpg

I made it al collage, I had to make the carcass by using different joints
Im happy with it.

no draw/door handles on it yet

http://www.dacteam.com/upload/userfiles/MI7/tools.jpg
Thats my tools

On to the Oak Console Table ! :)

Very nice

I had to make the carcass by using different joints

Don't leave us in suspense :lol: - a quick description would be good if you don't have any work-in-progress pictures.

Andrew

I have some on my phone, ill have to transfer them on to my pc

more pictures to come !

The carcass was made of Half-blind dovetails, sliding dovetails, mortice and tennons, tounge and groove joints

That's a lovely piece of furniture with crisp lines. :)

Am I right in thinking that it hasn't had a finish applied yet?

Gill

Thanks for the comments everyone

It has a coat of Clear wax, i was going to put some Mahogany wax on it for a darker colour, but on the test peice it looked like it had been tangoed :p

Image058.jpg

Well the top bit is held in by Half-blind dt's, front bottom draw rail is a Mortice and tennon joint, and the top bit has tounge and groove joints to make it in to a square top (sorry im not very good at explaing lol)
Mortice and tennons for the door frame with a groove in to hold the panel in place

this is the only WIP pic i can put on my pc atm since my phone is playing up :x
I do have earlier stages though :eek:

Thanks for the extra picture (I enjoy work-in-progress shots - they explain thing better than words,usually)

Looks nice in mid-construction as well :D

And personally,I like it with the clear wax finish - be proud of it!

Andrew

Jez,
very nice and with so many different joints too. And I nice set of tools as well.

Andy

A nice looking job. Good way to start, are tools used on a communal basis or do you have to take your own to the session?

Thanks for all the great comments

I take them with me to each session. The reason for my buying my own was alot of the people in my workshop would just "borrow" my tools and when i would reach for them, they wouldn't be there :x

thanks again,

Jez

Jez":9ou3kjyx said:
Thanks for the comments everyone

It has a coat of Clear wax, i was going to put some Mahogany wax on it for a darker colour, but on the test peice it looked like it had been tangoed :p

Image058.jpg

Well the top bit is held in by Half-blind dt's, front bottom draw rail is a Mortice and tennon joint, and the top bit has tounge and groove joints to make it in to a square top (sorry im not very good at explaing lol)
Mortice and tennons for the door frame with a groove in to hold the panel in place

this is the only WIP pic i can put on my pc atm since my phone is playing up :x
I do have earlier stages though :eek:

i am very glad to see that it is not only my college that needs new benches.

Back