Bedroom, bathroom & dressing room project.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasonB

Established Member
Reaction score
I finally got the last few bits of furniture fitted on this project after waiting for the carpet to be fitted and mattress to arrive.

I originally priced the job back in the summer of last year, the brief was to knock the master bedroom, en-suite and second rear bedroom into one open plan area with fitted oak wardrobes in the rear dressing area. The client took a while deciding on finishes etc so I made my ash bench & table for here while waiting on a decision.

The oak wardrobes were omitted so the money could be spent on the glass mosaics(£350.00 sq mtr) but the old doors from the existing built-ins were reused. While discussing what bed the client was buying I made a few comments and ended up with the additional job of making the king size bed, bedside & TV cabinets as well.

I will post a couple of the pics here but the full project can be seen in this album

Work started in March, this pic was taken on the second morning (remember to put a memory card in the camera :oops: )after a days stripping out and carrying in materials- two flights of stairs. Luckily its all dry lined studwork so the walls can be moved about easily.

c1.jpg

With everything was stripped out you can get an idea of the area , approx 10m x 4.5m

c3.jpg

Due to the need to get the shower and second basin waste to the other side of the room I opted to raise the floor level, this had the added bonus of defining the different areas of the room as well as making pipe runs easy. Studwork is underway and tilebacker going onto the shower walls prior to tanking.

c5.jpg

And as if by magic hear is the finished job.

c18.jpg

c19.jpg

The client wanted a low bed with storage, this is what I came up with, it has 4 draws underneath 700x600x225dp on full extension runners. The two bedside cabinets match the vanity units and have a draw inside on full ext Blum tandem runners. She then went and bought the thickest mattress I have seen :?
c31.jpg

I’m quite pleased with the way it turned out, and she seems very happy too. I have also got some more work to do for here and another large wardrobe for one of her friends.

Jason

Jason a really good result, I'm impressed. I would be interested in the toilet setup that you used, if I could have details. It is similar to a project I am about to start for an ensuite.

Jason,
Excellent work!

I must say though, I find the idea of a bathroom combined with bedroom in an open plan fashion very unappealing, still the client is always right I guess?

very very nice Jason, I really like it. I think I agree with Chris tho, I wouldn't do the open plan bedroom bathroom thing myself.

Are the bedside cabinets fixed to the wall? or is there a clever leg which makes it appear to float?

Just being nosey... do you do the whole job? i.e tiling, plumbing, electrics, etc? On your own or with staff?

Freetochat, I will pm you the WC details

Chris, I talked them into having the loo enclosed in a separate cubicle, and she has put a folding screen up as anyone walking round the landing and down the stairs can cop an eyefull of anyone in the bath :wink:

Wizer, the bedside cabinets rest on the skirting and are fixed to the wall with four 6x100 screws, time will tell :!:

All done by me except amtico floor, plantation shutters, final connections of electrics(part P) and I got a lift up with the bath.

Jason

Very nice work =D> .
I also have to agree with the others about the lay out but it does not takes away from your work.

Excellent work, Jason. Simple in design and looks really well executed.

Open bath/bedroom? Ever get tired of it you can always make a matching or complimentary folding screen...That way it wouldn't fully eliminate the open feeling and yet provide a hint more privacy.

Take care, Mike

Back