Bed build WIP (Completed.)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a really nice bed there.

Only thing would be that I wouldn't use ply for the slats as half the grain in the ply runs the wrong way for strength. I would have prefered to use hard wood throughout or, if cost is an issue, use carefully selected soft wood with straight, knot free grain.

Great looking bed, very inspiring. Hope my work is half as good once I get the workshop done!

Very beautifully bed Jon and so beautifully made.
You can see that you put a lot off love in this bed.
This bed must be sleeping great.

Thanks for showing.

Schummie.

Glad you went with my fake tenon idea, makes it look more bespoke, excellent work :wink:

Blimey, I didn't expect to see this thread pop up again.

Neil, regarding measurements. I have some drawings somewhere with measurements. I'll post them if I can find them and if not I'll try and find the time to mark up some new ones.

Thanks for all the nice comments guys. Not been able to get in the workshop much recently, but I am planning some matching bedroom furniture soon and will post these once in progress.

Jon

was just Google searching for oak wooden beds and came across this...... beautiful bed!

Would you consider selling it, or are you going to keep it in the family?

if not, what kind of money would you charge to make another one?

cheers

Hi

Thanks for the nice comments.

I'm afraid it's not for sale as it's my daughters bed. Making another isn't really a viable option as I have a long list of things to do already and a day job (I'm not a full-time wood worker). But feel free to rip off the design if you can get a local woody to make you one or maybe one of the guys on here will step forward.

If you like the bed you'd love the matching bedroom furniture I've made ;-)

WM

Back