BE nice to her LOL

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno, does she really expect anyone to care about her opinion? I mean for heaven's sakes, she's named her child "Apple"! :roll: :lol: Take her, Slim! She's yours. :lol:

Cheers, Alf

but its true the streets are dirty us brits dont know what a litter bin looks like and you must be mad to take your litter home.
what do we allways moan and groan about :roll: :roll:

if you try to get service in most places they look at you as if to say do you mind i'm talking to my friend or have i got to serve you :? :?
how many times have you been invisible in a shop :? go on i bet its a few times .

frank

She's right, of course. But she chose to live here, so how can she complain? She can go back to the US of A, where service, street cleanliness and weather are different, and some might say are better. But we have certain aspects of life that a thousand and more years of intermixing have melded into a culture which is unique, and has a certain solidity which I can't explain, but beats the American, sorry, 'Murcan equivalent by a mile.

Please understand me, I'm not knocking America. I have loved my visits there, and found the people to be friendly and welcoming, and the lifestyle enviable in many ways. The country itself is amazing, and so varied.

But you know where you are with Britain. Despite it's faults it's tried and tested, and takes some beating.

Regards, John

I think (I know) if you go to American cities you'll find the exact same problems. Ignoring people is a national pastime hear. And there is plenty of litter to go around.
Thats what I like about the being a hiilbilly. All our junk has a use we just haven't got around to using it for :)

Who's seen the Joan Rivers / Darcus Howe 'spat' reports today? I missed the programme, but it sounds amusing...

She may have a point about the litter (Commenting from experience, I used to live over there, not much better over here)
But complaining that it's cold??? :shock: Hello Gwyneth you're from Canada, 4 or 5 months of arctic conditions every year!!!
As for the rain, she should move over to Ireland for a while, then she'll appreciate how tropical London is in comparison :roll:

Hi Shady

It was repeated in full on Radio 5's 'Drive' programme last night. What a hoot :lol: ! Darcus Howe made a thinly veiled (and completely unsubstantiated) accusation of rascism against Joan Rivers who is one of the most liberal-minded and non-racist people going. She was genuinely outraged and really let fly at Howe :shock: . Libby Purves was hosting the programme and said later that Joan was so angry that she was shaking and they had to reschedule the rest of the programme to give her a chance to calm down.

You can hear it repeated on the Radio 4 'Listen Again' service.

Gill

Oh, that's what my mum was going on about. I didn't think it was likely Geoffrey Howe had annoyed Joan Collins - which is what I'm sure she said. :roll: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Gill, thanks - she's not someone I'd 'abuse' without being veeerrryy sure of my ground... :roll:

Shady":2q029ppf said:
Gill, thanks - she's not someone I'd 'abuse' without being veeerrryy sure of my ground... :roll:
Yeah, like the ground was at least 50 miles away first... 8-[

Cheers, Alf

Darcus Howe has been spouting drivel that has been devisive for far too long and that the PC crowd have let him get away with. Well done Joan and well done Libby Purves for standing up for her.

Cheers

Tim[/quote]

Back