be more like ron swanson...drink lagavulin

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not my nip either, personally I’m more into the sweeter side if whiskey, Highland Park, Abelour to name two.

F.

Although many malts (and a blend or two) are wonderful, if I were to drink it regularly, I'd prefer Paddy or Black Bush to any Scottish cooking whisky. :D Some of the Indian and Japanese stuff being made is first class as well. I'm just waiting for the gin bubble to burst - it's a joke. :D

Fitzroy":xjqkgy07 said:
Not my nip either, personally I’m more into the sweeter side if whiskey, Highland Park, Abelour to name two.

F.

F, I'm shocked!

I'm sure that you know that they are both different brands of Whisky, and that neither of them is a Whiskey!

:)

I used to have a cabinet of a couple of dozen different single malts. And I'm sat here now with a glass of Aberlour in my hand (because it was on offer in my local supermarket), but, to tell you the truth, I enjoy a glass of Bell's just as much. Probably more.

I'm a cheap date these days. Cheap and proud of it! :)

The nicest whisky I ever drank was at a posh restaurant in Nottingham, I was a +1. The "free" evening was actually quite a high price to pay. Sure the meal was superb, but I would have enjoyed a cheese sandwich and my own company more.

After the meal we retired to the bar, which was in another building on the other side of a courtyard. What to drink? I went to see what they had on offer. One bottle caught my eye. The label looked handwritten. Interesting. I'll have one of those.

The bartender showed me the back of the bottle. 14. That was the price of a glass. And we are going back the best part of 20 years, maybe more, actually. But I wasn't paying the bill, so what the heck, I'd earned it.

It was absolutely delicious, I've never tasted anything like it. IIRC it was Clynelish. When life gets too much I shall spend my last on a case and say goodbye.

In 2011 I had a few drops of this -
https://www.fortnumandmason.com/product ... xon_id=932
while sitting in the front window of Harrod's for a Martell tasting. Excellent. My sixteen year old daughter said at the time that she was sure she wasn't the only sixteen year old girl in the world to have drunk it - I said she was undoubtedly the only sixteen year old girl ever to have sat in Harrod's front window drinking it. :D One to remember. I've still got the bottle of Cordon Bleu we went home with.

Ewww, peaty!

Can't stand any in that style, Bowmore, Laphroaig etc. Just taste like petrol.

Glenmorangie tends to be my preference though I rarely drink Whisky these days.

Over priced over hyped imitation of laphroaig. :D

Not my tipple either I'm afraid, preferring Speyside, especially Glen Moray (even more so as it isn't owned by a Diagio). Finished my Christmas bottle last night.
Also rather partial to a Springbank, which couldn't be further Glen Moray in both terms of distance and taste.

I'm pleasantly surprised with some of whats coming from the colonies these days avoiding the obvious JD and such they have some rather tasty bottles, Buffalo Trace was the last bottle I had and it was alright.

Steve Maskery":2h6e12mv said:
Fitzroy":2h6e12mv said:

F.

F, I'm shocked!

I'm sure that you know that they are both different brands of Whisky, and that neither of them is a Whiskey!

:)

I used to have a cabinet of a couple of dozen different single malts. And I'm sat here now with a glass of Aberlour in my hand (because it was on offer in my local supermarket), but, to tell you the truth, I enjoy a glass of Bell's just as much. Probably more.

I'm a cheap date these days. Cheap and proud of it! :)

The nicest whisky I ever drank was at a posh restaurant in Nottingham, I was a +1. The "free" evening was actually quite a high price to pay. Sure the meal was superb, but I would have enjoyed a cheese sandwich and my own company more.

After the meal we retired to the bar, which was in another building on the other side of a courtyard. What to drink? I went to see what they had on offer. One bottle caught my eye. The label looked handwritten. Interesting. I'll have one of those.

The bartender showed me the back of the bottle. 14. That was the price of a glass. And we are going back the best part of 20 years, maybe more, actually. But I wasn't paying the bill, so what the heck, I'd earned it.

It was absolutely delicious, I've never tasted anything like it. IIRC it was Clynelish. When life gets too much I shall spend my last on a case and say goodbye.

Typing in a rush, t’was my downfall. Of course whisky and yes I missed an ‘or’ between the two brands.

F.

As my favourite Laphroaig, and similar smoky, peaty nectar, seems to be regarded as pondwater by some, please send any unfinished bottles to me.

The best way to drink a glass of whisky that you don’t like is to drink a few glasses of one you do like first :D

Anything but gin. That's a bubble the bursting of which I eagerly await. Apparently there are over a thousand, forty to fifty new ones coming on the market every month ............... and only about ten of them actually distil the spirit. Buy in the raw spirit, add a few botanicals and charge an extra £20 for a well designed bottle. :D

Droogs":30gzmsod said:
Suffolkboy":30gzmsod said:
Whiskey!? Yak!!

I have to disagree with Ron on this one.

Dark Rum. That's the stuff.

https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/p/453 ... kREALw_wcB

Or, for those who prefer a sweeter taste.

https://www.masterofmalt.com/rum/alnwic ... nwick-rum/

AAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Heretic, quick get the DRINQISTITION and I'll have 2 bags of gravel and one of stones

I knew it wouldn't be popular but I stick to my guns!

phil.p":2n1ely86 said:
Anything but gin. That's a bubble the bursting of which I eagerly await. Apparently there are over a thousand, forty to fifty new ones coming on the market every month ............... and only about ten of them actually distil the spirit. Buy in the raw spirit, add a few botanicals and charge an extra £20 for a well designed bottle. :D

Too right. It's just poncey Vodka!

Rum? I remember some 40 years ago going to a house party and staying the night. As was customary if you stayed overnight you helped clear up the mess the following morning, and while hoovering I found half a dozen cans of Coke and a full bottle of Mount Gay behind a curtain. Three of us drank this with the bacon sandwiches before hitting the pub for the lunchtime ............ and that's about the extent of my memory of that day ... :D

Back