Be Aware !!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. Thrax

Established Member
Reaction score
Most of us use 'push-sticks' to help when cutting and routing timber but there are some cheap and nasty plastic push sticks on the market these days that can shatter or break and cause potentially very nasty accidents in the workshop. If you are looking to buy one choose a shatter/break proof version and make sure that it is advertised as such. Axminster sell good ones. Market stalls don't as I found out by nearly losing several digits!

Hi Doc,

Best to make your own, half a dozen, all different sizes.

Rgds

Noel

I agree, if you make your own, but in case anyone is looking for a plastic version, choose wisely ;)

Had the same problem when I set up my workshop - wanted to make a bench but didn't have a bench!

Cut my own pushsticks on the bandsaw - don't fancy using plastic ones and can't afford them anyway. :cry:

T.

I use the plastic ones but I fit a stainless steel bowl onto the plastic shaft to protect my fingers should a slip occur. S/S bowls are fairly cheap to buy and easy to fit compared to losing precious fingers!

Wooden ones are the best, especially as they can be made from any scrap around the workshop.

Bean

Latest posts

Back