BBC TV new look weather forecasts

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Anyone else not like the new look forecast? I find I am trying to spot what the map looks like where I live as the camera zooms around (which I find mildly nauseating anyway) and by the time I spot it the camera has moved on and I missed what the person was saying. This morning it seems there was no weather in the midlands - nice for them - but I had no idea what was supposed to happen in Surrey, or what was expected later. I did hear that it was raining here - but a quick look outside confirmed bright sunshine, which has been with us most of the day so far.

I guess we now have "weather bites" to match the sound bites; quick and pretty but quite uninformative.

On the same subject I have to close my eyes whenever there's one of those interviews or presentations where the speaker stands still and the cameraman does a wild circular dance around them so the background rushes past in a blur :roll: . Makes me so dizzy I can't bear to watch.

The new forecast is certainly different in style :shock: ! Nevertheless, I think that once we get used to it, we should find it much more accurate (dream on... :roll: :) )and informative.

I'm wondering if the forecasters have forgotten how to show us wind speeds and directions - I haven't seen any of those yet. Also, it'd be nice to see more towns in the midlands marked to give us some idea of where the weather will actually be!

Oh, and you can rest assured that there has certainly been some weather in the midlands this morning - beautiful sunshine :D .

Gill

I doubt the new-look, or old-look for that matter, forecasts have much to say about my current location....

But, suffice to say the weather in Lisbon is 'scorchio' :D

And yes, this is a definite GLOAT...totally brazen, no drive-by about it :D

I only saw it once last night but I wasn't that impressed. Hopefully once the presenters get used to the new software and get feedback from viewers the presentation style will evolve into something better.

These days if I need an accurate forecast I tend to use http://www.metcheck.com/
Select the area for the forecast and it breaks it down into 3 hourly periods during the day for that location. It also has a useful mountain forecast which has data for different heights on various mountains around the uk. I haven't tested the mountain forecast for accuracy yet but the main forecast always seems pretty reliable.

There are several other free features (including a clothes drying times prediction!) and there are pay features too.

Duncan

(I have no connection with the website other than a very happy user)

Back