BBC Scaremongering again

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Being accused of "virtue signalling" is a commendation - it means they are irritating the right people
the phrases virtue signalling, woke etc are all part of the phoney culture war used by the right.

”forget about people going hungry because we’ve dropped UC by £20, hey quick…….look over there…..some stuff about unisex toilets and pronouns”

Last edited:
Enjoyed reading the debate on the BBC - which, as a retired journalist, I still consider an appalling and biased set-up.
But I think the basic fact is that if you want the BBC service then subscribe to it, if not rely on the more reliable and informative alternatives.
The BBC is not "a public service" anymore, and as dated as a dog licence. Choice is a basic right surely?
It is a public service. I agree the licence is dated, it might as well come out of general taxation instead of being a special tax form of it's own.
What are the 'more reliable and informative alternatives' in your opinion?
Depends what you mean by biased. A bit establishmentarian perhaps but if you want scaremongering and violent bias you look at MSM.

Screenshot 2021-10-16 at 11.52.12.png

It is a public service. I agree the licence is dated, it might as well come out of general taxation instead of being a special tax form of it's own.
What are the 'more reliable and informative alternatives' in your opinion?
Depends what you mean by biased. A bit establishmentarian perhaps but if you want scaremongering and violent bias you look at MSM.

View attachment 119760
The fact that a migrant murdered a MP might just confirm the DM bias???

Also can you back up your statement that rightwing terrorist us as much a threat to UK as Islam inspired terrorist? How many have been murdered by RW terrorists in the UK over the past 20 yrs?? 1?? Islamic inspired terrorists 94?

To be fair to the BBC, I wrote to them and they asked me to film a video clip which was included on their Newswatch programme this morning (on iplayer if anyone's interested, fast forward to 3:30).
Good on you (just watched)! I also think it's a great thing that a progamme like that exists - most media doesn't have to try to account for itself on a regular basis. Tbh I could write in most days to take issue with the 6pm news on BBC, but prefer to try to forget for the sake of my sanity and look elsewhere for better accounts and analysis.

Where did you get that from ?. Thus far the killer has been identified as a British national of Somali heritage.
Boris Johnson is a British national of American heritage, Prince Philip was a British national of Greek heritage.

the phrases virtue signalling, woke etc are all part of the phoney culture war used by the right.

”forget about people going hungry because we’ve dropped UC by £20, look over there…..some stuff about pronouns

Hmm ...

Woke is a "badge of honour" invented and promoted by the left.

Virute signalling is certainly a phrase of the right, often used to mock but also used to highlight hipocrites.

Exactly. They'll leap on it. Not so enthusiastic about condemning the extreme right for the last MP murdered. Jo Cox, in case you have forgotten.
Also can you back up your statement that rightwing terrorist us as much a threat to UK as Islam inspired terrorist? How many have been murdered by RW terrorists in the UK over the past 20 yrs?? 1?? Islamic inspired terrorists 94?
Well there was an Irish problem a bit back, maybe you have forgotten.
In the USA right-wing violence is a much bigger threat than "terrorism" as such, notwithstanding 9/11.
Plenty to go on here if you really want to know:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism_in_the_United_Kingdomhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terro... right-wing,11 attacks than Islamic terrorism.
In any case even if this person was black, Somali, Muslim, communist, woke, etc it has little bearing on the fact that he is a psychopathic nutter just like Thomas Mair, though the background details may well have been a trigger. The word "terrorist" gets bandied about a bit too easily.

Last edited:
Hmm ...

Not so much a badge of honour - just a comment in the fact that half the population seem to be asleep and unaware of so many issues, from climate change down, though there aren't quite so many sceptics about nowadays - maybe because the climate is changing.
Virute signalling is certainly a phrase of the right, often used to mock but also used to highlight hipocrites.
But it only means anything to the right so it doesn't highlight anything. And why not just denounce them as hypocrites if that's what they seem to be?

But it only means anything to the right so it doesn't highlight anything. And why not just denounce them as hypocrites if that's what they seem to be?

I've heard so many talk about "unbelievers" being asleep. A simplistic left-wing term attempting to mock those who have a different opinion.

... because virtue signaling is a more accurate description of what they are doing. Hypocrites is a wide description and too vague.

I've heard so many talk about "unbelievers" being asleep. A simplistic left-wing term attempting to mock those who have a different opinion.
No it's more about being wrong about, misinformed or unaware of issues, typically a symptom of reading the Daily Mail et al
... because virtue signaling is a more accurate description of what they are doing. Hypocrites is a wide description and too vague.
So you say. But it identifies the user as a right wing simplest and nobody takes any notice.

No it's more about being wrong about, misinformed or unaware of issues, typically a symptom of reading the Daily Mail et al
Your replies make my point beautifully ... thank you for that. Always right and nobody can have a different opinion.

Your replies make my point beautifully ... thank you for that. Always right and nobody can have a different opinion.
What point? I see no point.
It's not about opinions it's about facts. They are not the same thing.

The BBC go to great lengths to be "impartial" in their output. This is not the same as "balanced" as a quick read (lots of flannel, not much objectivity) of the charter explains:

Impartiality -section 4

Taken simplistically - every opinion counts. Unsurprisingly most of us inevitably find a large part of their output at odds with our personal views.

BBC are driven by the fear they may be considered "partial". They strain to ensure all religions, views, ethnicity, gender, disabiities, ages etc are represented. They are re-assured that no one can then complain, and must therefore compliant with the very highest of standards.

The society underpinning BBC behaviours is actually experienced by no-one - it represents only a statistical expression of every variant in society. Their output suffers as all media output from the priorities and editorial policy adopted - they are just "unique" to the BBC.

They only tend towards the analytical in their "reality check" content and seek to quantify the relevant and objective. In this they mirror the FT who normally report very objectively - for them the story is the raw data on which financial judgements are made.

Impartiality and social responsibility are two entirely different things. As a public service broadcaster they have an obligation to consider the effect their words might have. I know I keep banging on about it, but more knowledgeable people than me agree that as soon as the media use the words 'panic buying' it becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy.

The BBC go to great lengths to be "impartial" in their output. This is not the same as "balanced" as a quick read (lots of flannel, not much objectivity) of the charter explains:
BBC "impartiality" was a disaster as far as climate change was concerned. Every view expressed from the experts had to be countered by comment from some abject twerp such as Nigel Lawson.
They framed the whole debate as if between equals; more or less the whole scientific community set against isolated opinionated nutters. It really slowed down debate and public awareness until only recently when David Attenborough got the green light to out spell out the facts. Too late.
But was this BBC's fault? They have been under constant pressure and reduced funding for many years

In any case even if this person was black, Somali, Muslim, communist, woke, etc it has little bearing on the fact that he is a psychopathic nutter just like Thomas Mair, though the background details may well have been a trigger. The word "terrorist" gets bandied about a bit too easily.
Do the police bandy it about a bit too easily?

Sir David Amess, one of the country’s most respected parliamentarians, was stabbed to death as he met constituents at his regular Friday surgery in a Baptist church in Leigh-on-Sea in what police are treating as a terror attack. ...
Counter-terror police are leading the investigation into the attack. In a statement on Friday night, the Metropolitan Police said the investigation has "revealed a potential motivation linked to Islamist extremism".

Woke is just a fashion statement, a way that a nobody who cannot accept they are nothing more than a grain of sand in a desert in the grand scheme of things tries to be a somebody and stand out. Social media has played a very bad role in this arena where people can leave reality behind and not even have to look human, just their interpretation of. Just like these stupid pro nouns, wokyism is just a load of dogs dangly bits, for millenia nature has produced males and females with some miswired that become right angles but the basis has always been just the two sexes. These woky types need to accept that they owe their very existance to a vagina and womb combo, without them they would not be here, and when you look at "a life" in it's most simplistic then it is just a journey between two holes, one you come out of and the other one they put you in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back