Bathroom suppliers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
I've ordered twice now from Bathstore.com. On both occasions, either bits were missing or incorrect parts supplied. After sales service is ephemeral, to put it bluntly. Current problem is them supplying a bath panel 510mm high to fit a bath 580mm high...Mind The Gap. That's tomorrows' wee battle.

I was wondering about PlumbWorld and whether anyone had had any experience of them? Or are they all much of a muchness?

Time for a large gin and tonic, I think.

Roger

I have used PlumbWorld. I had no problems at all with them. I ordered everything online, it arrived on time and I had no reason to contact them again.

I can't comment on their service if something goes wrong

HTH

Used Bathstore at least 20 times over the last 5 years or so, not really had any problems, I always use the same branch even if the job is outside their area and get a good trade discount.

They run on a franchise basis so maybe it's just the branch you are using. Also give them a reasonable amount of notice as most stores only get a weekly delivery.

What bath was it, 580mm is a bit on the high side, 510-530 is the norm to the underside unless its a roll top. Some of the wooden panels need a separate skirting panel.

Jason

Jason, totally agree with you re ordering on a consistent basis and establishing a good relationship. First order was with a London branch..pretty duff...which is why I opted for dealing with my local Worcester branch...even though the site is back in London! And, to be fair, they gave me a good price for delivery.

What irks me at the moment? Well, problem one is that I am using one of their whole-house pumps. The instruction manual says that you need an 'equilibrium ball valve' on the WC. Not a problem in itself but...I ordered an S frame with concealed cylinder from bathstore and that does not come with a ball valve. So my question for bathstore was whether the float valve in the S frame behaved the same as an equilbrium ball valve. Dunno ..is the answer.

Problem two...the bigger one...steel bath...basic height about 580mm...with feet on minimum height setting. Panel height..510mm.

Looking at the plumbworld site (and roperrhodes....isn't hindsight wonderful !) they recognise this fact and supply a plinth (in the same colour etc) with their panels. I suspect that bathstore's view will be...up to you to sort out, buster! Hope I'm wrong

Roger

I have to say that I dealt with the Cheltenham branch several years ago - parting with a fair amount of cash - two very nice bathrooms. Utterly shocking after sales service. Had significant probs with two taps (both did turn out to be faulty) but they didn't want to know. Manufacturers couldn't have been nicer.

I also agree with Jason's comments but Bathstore positions itself as a retail chain not a trade supplier that also does 'cash' sales. Therefore its not unreasonable to think that they should recognise a level of newbie ism in their customers and respect that (not saying that about you Roger). I think that primarily the problem is that as Jason says, its a franchise and it appears that what a lot of the guys are good at is selling, not plumbing.

Rog - hope it gets sorted out.

Cheers

Tim

Back