Basato 5-4 bandsaw or table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
Mmm...there's a 5-4 for sale this evening at a local auction. Been down to see it and it looks in quite reasonable nick. Read Steve's excellent review and now have major reservations BUT....

then I got to thinking.

I've got a wee baby Axminster AWSBS bandsaw and I have been caught out a few times with the limited maximum depth of cut.

I have a Ryobi table saw but it's a struggle when cutting panels and so I'd been pondering a bigger, better table saw with more support, sliding carriage etc for panels.

However, if I got rid of the table saw completely I and got the Basato, I could cut all my large stock easily. For panel work then I could get guide rails and a Festool or whatever.

Any views out there? I 've got until 6pm this evening to make up my mind!

Cheers

Roger

Roger Sinden":3rv62rxk said:
views out there? I 've got until 6pm this evening to make up my mind! Cheers Roger

How about you go anyway - if its cheap enough, its worth buying?

Adam

I'd go to the auction and if the price is right then get the Basato. Be sure to set a maximum you're prepared to pay and try and stick to it - it's easy to get carried away at auctions, but you can get a bargain if you're lucky.

You suggestion of replacing Ryobi with CS/guide rails also makes sense for large panels.

pete

It went for £230. I'd put my own upper limit on of £200. Still a bargain at £230.

Two trend hinge cutting kits plus lock cutting kit went for £20.

Latest posts

Back