Basato 3

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leo

Established Member
Reaction score
Happy new Year to you all.

Does anyone know of an upgrade for the Basato 3 blade guides, the originals are ( IMHO ) badly designed, the blade pressing on the side of the wheels instead of the front edge.

Any advice is much appreciated !!!!!!

Leo

OOOOPPPPSSSSS !!!!!!!! :oops:

I just found a thread on here about this exact subject :mrgreen: and it looks like bad design is agreed, but I may have too little tension and pushing the wood too hard #-o , so I will flatten the guides and try again. I still think that the design is naffffffffffffffff though. :shock:

Thanks agin,

Leo

I have the basato 3 vario and had similar thoughts about the guides, though with precise setting up i find it perfectly acceptable.

I was more surprised that the rear bearing was sort of side on. I would have thought that it should run in line with the blade.

I am interested to see if any solutions are found on this thread.

Ollie,

I find that the side guides can grab, if set to the recommended gap and the rear one I just find very odd design.

Leo

Thanks for the link Roger,

I still see the rear guide as being side on, I prefer this sort, but they will not fit the Basato 3 and are a little small too.

Leo

Back