Bargain Triton Router Table/Stand?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ByronBlack

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I just won this on ebay this evening:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6000698605&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

My first impressions that it was a bargain because of the table and stand, (£92) this was compared to the price of £110 for the table, and £99 for the stand from rutlands, but when I looked closer, I realised the rutlands table has a sliding carriage and this one doesn't.

Have I bid over the odds for this item, or can I still feel smug in knowing i've got a bargain?

I am not very familiar with the Triton kit, but IMHO you got a good deal. I know that you did not get the sliding table with the your win, but i did notice that your one states on the end of the table that it is a "Router & Jigsaw Stand, yet as far as i can see the Rutland one only says "Router Stand".
Does this make it a better stand? I do not know, but as i have said i think you got a good deal.

Who knows next week someone may have a router table with the sliding carriage for sale.

Have fun wit your new goodies.

Regards

Woody

ByronBlack":3v4akd89 said:
Hi,

I just won this on ebay this evening:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6000698605&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

My first impressions that it was a bargain because of the table and stand, (£92) this was compared to the price of £110 for the table, and £99 for the stand from rutlands, but when I looked closer, I realised the rutlands table has a sliding carriage and this one doesn't.

Have I bid over the odds for this item, or can I still feel smug in knowing i've got a bargain?
Byron you bought the old model. Since then all the attchments have also changed so be aware of this if you buy upgrades.

Sorry I forgot aswell , this table was pre the Triton router as it has not got the router quick release plate but you can get an upgrade.

You can't use the Triton Finger Joint Jig or Biscuit Jointer either.

Byron,

Sorry mate, you can trust me to put the jinx on it.

In my defence i did say that i am not very familiar with the Triton gear.

Hasn't anyone got any good news for him?

Regards

Woody

Thanks for the info guy's. It seems then that i've bought something a little older than I thought, this isn't too much of a worry really.

If I were to need to use the jointing accessories do you think the new router table would fit on this stand? That way I still wouldn't nessecarily have bid over the odds as the stand is still £99 on its own.

BB

yes, you can buy the new table to fit the old stand. I have the old table. I have found it to be very good.

Cheers Wizer,

I think i'll use the stand/table for the time-being and when i've the money i'll invest in the newer table and jointing accessories. Glad it wasn't a complete waste of an auction.

BB

ByronBlack":1svn06ru said:
Barry - is it possible to buy jointing accessories still for the old model?
Yes I think the model number BJA001
They have come up on E bay before - I will keep an eye out for one.
There was a Triton collector who died and his family put his collection on Ebay on Thursday last week but it was withdrawn on Friday night. I expect the bits will appear again so lets wait and see.

Latest posts

Back