Bargain of the century

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi all

I bought a B&Q random orbital sander a year ago and was so impressed with it that I bought a second one (still in the box).

This is as good as the Bosch random orbital - no vibration, velcro pad, good dust extraction, variable speed and a fantastic surface left on the wood.

On offer at HALF price = £12.48!!!!!

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/product/p ... DID=192060

Buy 1 before stocks run out - I promise you it will be the best £12.48 you've ever spent.

NO. I don't own shares in B&Q :?

I have only used it with the bag and have never removed it so don't know if you will be able to attach shop vac. I find the bag catches most of the dust through the holes in the base

ahhhh...

I asked cos I've been using the Bosch for a couple of years. The micro filter with it is fine, probided the job doesn't take more thana couple of secs, longer than that an you'll have to empty it.

I have a nice piece of rubber hose that I use to connect detail sander, orbital sander and router to the vac, I forget now which tool it came with, not a lot of help really, I'll wander off now :roll: :oops:

GRRR :x :x

I've missed all the bargins :( :? :cry:

A dowel jointer, £40
A ProPerformancewhatever :p dust extractor, £100
A mortice machine, £60
A 18v drill, £45
Cordless circular saw, £40
One of those auto Saw things, £25
Thicknesser £100
Table Saw £150

I am REALLY ANGRY

I went down to B&Q plenty times but they DID NOT advertise these offers in store :(....

Ah well, better quality at axminster :p :D

Tom (who is still annoyed but slowly calming down)!!!

Tom (who is still annoyed but slowly calming down)!!!

Patience is a virtue Young-un.. ;)

Besides, it's the nature of box-shifting stores to run sales like these frequently. In the meantime, there's always hand tools..

My B & Q Performance Pro electric mitre saw broke after two months light use....My B & Q Performance Pro small circular saw for trimming laminate lasted three weeks....My B & Q Performance Pro router lasted a bit longer at four months - several of the supplied bits shattered in use and one shot out of the collet at speed......The only thing to recommend B & Q is that they refund your money without any questions when the stuff breaks.

Chris

i HAVE HAD SIMULAR PROBLEMS WITH B&Q kit, A tile cutter which lasted only 3 hours befroe the gearbox bearings colasped, I repaired this as it was late and needed, it lasted another day befoer a further colaspe, the replaced it without question the replacement lasted a year so far (unused) a circular Saw which wobbles and will not cut straight ( excessive spindle bearing play), but I have an angle grinder which has lasted 3 years of frequent slab cutting and is still going strong.
I usually consider thier equipment to be disposable.

Bean

£12.50 for a ROS IS disposable :) And mine has been running fine for a year now. Whilst I agree tha tsome of B&Q's stuff is crud, some is not and I still highly recommnd this ROS

Tony...
I bought mine about 4/5 months ago (ROS) and i was using it today and it started smelling funny...at first i thought it was my mum's cooking but when i took my dust mask off and smelt the ROS it smelled like burning :?

BUT...I have to say, for the £25 i payed for it, it has been put through it's pases..Just ironic how you started this thread and mine smells bad :wink: 8)

Tom :D

ps. Just a little advise on the belt sander in HOMEBASE :oops: :oops: Mine ripped up 5 belts (seperatly bought from the sander) and then it got so hot it nearlly cought fire, the plastic had begun to melt near the blade!
So i took it back and they were very reluctant with refunding my cash...I shoulda sued :p

To Tony

Hope your are feeling better today, writing to say my orbital sander arrived this afternoon (24 hour delivery)
It certainly looks a bargain at the price, but had to pay an extra £5 delivery, our local BQ did not have any stock in yet, although they are expecting a delivery.
#As regards B&Q quality my present orbital sander I reckon is 34 years old (B&D accessory to the drill) which came from BQ I think, I was considering replacement because I was having trouble loading sandpaper the holding mechanism was getting slack and the latex base was a bit rubbishly :roll: :roll: :roll:
Trouble buying this new equipment is that I dont think I will last another 34 years.

on monday this week when getting some fittings for a job is was on i had a quick look around at some of the 1/2 price offers in my local b&q shed , well talk of lucky i picked up a trend t5ek for £86 (minor gloat i think) they also had plenty of other stock there and also a second t5 ,which i would now suspect is gone. location :- alittle out of the way for many .'Glasgow'
dave w

Thanks Woody, hope the sander is as good as mine :)

Desmo, trend t5ek for £86 is a MAJOR glaot not minor :p

I saw in my local (Leicester) B&Q that Freud Pro and Trend router cutters are 1/2 price today. I had to get a few of course :wink:

Hi All,
I picked up their H/D bench grinder-£19, including integral lamp. Also, PP scroll saw, £40. Both are very useful, especially for the money.
On a different note, I saw some of the new range of machinery in one store. Also some new trend range.
B+Q are definitely getting more "Home Depot" like. At last!
regards
Philly :D

Philly":1kuet20y said:
B+Q are definitely getting more "Home Depot" like. At last!
Not down here they ain't. They can't even keep stock of their own PerformancePro stuff. :roll: Anyway I'm not sure desiring Home Despot is quite sane, is it? :?

Cheers, Alf

Alf,
Sane, Sane, SANE!? :shock:
I've just ordered a Unisaw-of course I'm not sane. :lol:
If I start talking with an American accent start getting afraid. Very Afraid!
gibberingly,
Philly :shock:

Philly":2uak37ld said:
I've just ordered a Unisaw-of course I'm not sane. :lol:
Ah ha! So you admit it then? :lol: Of course we'll know you're really ready for that unusual style of canvas jacket and the padded-for-warmth little room when you order the dado set... :p :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Philly i'll start to worry when you open a post with lets talk about shop safety ect ect tap tap (hammer)t

Back