Bargain of the century

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope you get your saw soon and i hope its as good as it looks. Also everyone else start buying more kit and doing reviews as soon as i finish my W/S i need to get a few more items and i can say to HID look there all buying kit can i have some more pocket money this month :lol:

My local B&Q have gone a bit upmarket and are now stocking a good range of DW, EB, Metabo, Makita Trend, Freud etc etc. The manager told me that in certain locations they are trying to attract more 'trade' customers. If you open a trade account with them you also get 2 months interest free credit on all purchases and some good trade only offers.

I agree with sentiment expressed on some of the own label kit. I have returned a circular saw, compound mitre saw and a jigsaw in the last 12 months. All not up to light domestic use let alone anything taxing although money refunded without question.

I have also found you have to watch their 'offers'. Two weeks ago I was wandering around the power tool section (as you do) and noticed a 4.5v PP pistol driver reduced from £39 to £19 while stocks( last according to the promotional board under which a pile of the things were sat). A bargain I thought, so I went over to a nearby display to get hands on. To my surprise at this different location they were marked at £14. So I picked one up and bought it at £14 :D

It has turned out a good buy with a case , bits, charger plenty of torque and variable torque settings. :D :D :D :D

Thanks, WiZeR. I've just bought one for myself. I haven't used it yet, but I'm sure the weekend will see an opportunity arise :) .

Gill

First one is still going strong and regularly used. the second has yet to leave it's box :D

One hell of a purchase for <£20

I have a power pro table saw. It is a 12" contractors type and Have had it for years now, still going strong. I must admit that when i opened the box to assemble it the holes for the rip fence were drilled on the back of the table instead of the front! but apart from that it has served me well over the years. I didn't take it back as it had been stored for a year before I used it and they had stopped selling this one. ont he subject of ROS's I bought one at my local Lidl store for £19.95 which takes 6" disks, has dust extraction and is variable speed and it is great apart from being a little heavy that is. I missed out on the electric planers thay had on offer for £25 recently though. :cry:

Back