Quantcast

Bargain of the century

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

A

Anonymous

Hi all

I bought a B&Q random orbital sander a year ago and was so impressed with it that I bought a second one (still in the box).

This is as good as the Bosch random orbital - no vibration, velcro pad, good dust extraction, variable speed and a fantastic surface left on the wood.

On offer at HALF price = £12.48!!!!!

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/product/p ... DID=192060

Buy 1 before stocks run out - I promise you it will be the best £12.48 you've ever spent.

NO. I don't own shares in B&Q :?

A

Anonymous

I have only used it with the bag and have never removed it so don't know if you will be able to attach shop vac. I find the bag catches most of the dust through the holes in the base

Midnight

Established Member
Reaction score
ahhhh...

I asked cos I've been using the Bosch for a couple of years. The micro filter with it is fine, probided the job doesn't take more thana couple of secs, longer than that an you'll have to empty it.

DaveL

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a nice piece of rubber hose that I use to connect detail sander, orbital sander and router to the vac, I forget now which tool it came with, not a lot of help really, I'll wander off now :roll: :oops:

thomaskennedy

Established Member
Reaction score
GRRR :x :x

I've missed all the bargins :( :? :cry:

A dowel jointer, £40
A ProPerformancewhatever :p dust extractor, £100
A mortice machine, £60
A 18v drill, £45
Cordless circular saw, £40
One of those auto Saw things, £25
Thicknesser £100
Table Saw £150

I am REALLY ANGRY

I went down to B&Q plenty times but they DID NOT advertise these offers in store :(....

Ah well, better quality at axminster :p :D

Tom (who is still annoyed but slowly calming down)!!!

Midnight

Established Member
Reaction score
Tom (who is still annoyed but slowly calming down)!!!
Patience is a virtue Young-un.. ;)

Besides, it's the nature of box-shifting stores to run sales like these frequently. In the meantime, there's always hand tools..

A

Anonymous

My B & Q Performance Pro electric mitre saw broke after two months light use....My B & Q Performance Pro small circular saw for trimming laminate lasted three weeks....My B & Q Performance Pro router lasted a bit longer at four months - several of the supplied bits shattered in use and one shot out of the collet at speed......The only thing to recommend B & Q is that they refund your money without any questions when the stuff breaks.

Chris

Bean

Established Member
Reaction score
i HAVE HAD SIMULAR PROBLEMS WITH B&Q kit, A tile cutter which lasted only 3 hours befroe the gearbox bearings colasped, I repaired this as it was late and needed, it lasted another day befoer a further colaspe, the replaced it without question the replacement lasted a year so far (unused) a circular Saw which wobbles and will not cut straight ( excessive spindle bearing play), but I have an angle grinder which has lasted 3 years of frequent slab cutting and is still going strong.
I usually consider thier equipment to be disposable.

Bean

A

Anonymous

£12.50 for a ROS IS disposable :) And mine has been running fine for a year now. Whilst I agree tha tsome of B&Q's stuff is crud, some is not and I still highly recommnd this ROS

thomaskennedy

Established Member
Reaction score
Tony...
I bought mine about 4/5 months ago (ROS) and i was using it today and it started smelling funny...at first i thought it was my mum's cooking but when i took my dust mask off and smelt the ROS it smelled like burning :?

BUT...I have to say, for the £25 i payed for it, it has been put through it's pases..Just ironic how you started this thread and mine smells bad :wink: 8)

Tom :D

ps. Just a little advise on the belt sander in HOMEBASE :oops: :oops: Mine ripped up 5 belts (seperatly bought from the sander) and then it got so hot it nearlly cought fire, the plastic had begun to melt near the blade!
So i took it back and they were very reluctant with refunding my cash...I shoulda sued :p

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
To Tony

Hope your are feeling better today, writing to say my orbital sander arrived this afternoon (24 hour delivery)
It certainly looks a bargain at the price, but had to pay an extra £5 delivery, our local BQ did not have any stock in yet, although they are expecting a delivery.
#As regards B&Q quality my present orbital sander I reckon is 34 years old (B&D accessory to the drill) which came from BQ I think, I was considering replacement because I was having trouble loading sandpaper the holding mechanism was getting slack and the latex base was a bit rubbishly :roll: :roll: :roll:
Trouble buying this new equipment is that I dont think I will last another 34 years.

desmoengine

Established Member
Reaction score
on monday this week when getting some fittings for a job is was on i had a quick look around at some of the 1/2 price offers in my local b&q shed , well talk of lucky i picked up a trend t5ek for £86 (minor gloat i think) they also had plenty of other stock there and also a second t5 ,which i would now suspect is gone. location :- alittle out of the way for many .'Glasgow'
dave w

A

Anonymous

Thanks Woody, hope the sander is as good as mine :)

Desmo, trend t5ek for £86 is a MAJOR glaot not minor :p

I saw in my local (Leicester) B&Q that Freud Pro and Trend router cutters are 1/2 price today. I had to get a few of course :wink:

Philly

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
I picked up their H/D bench grinder-£19, including integral lamp. Also, PP scroll saw, £40. Both are very useful, especially for the money.
On a different note, I saw some of the new range of machinery in one store. Also some new trend range.
B+Q are definitely getting more "Home Depot" like. At last!
regards
Philly :D

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
Philly":1kuet20y said:
B+Q are definitely getting more "Home Depot" like. At last!
Not down here they ain't. They can't even keep stock of their own PerformancePro stuff. :roll: Anyway I'm not sure desiring Home Despot is quite sane, is it? :?

Cheers, Alf

Philly

Established Member
Reaction score
Alf,
Sane, Sane, SANE!? :shock:
I've just ordered a Unisaw-of course I'm not sane. :lol:
If I start talking with an American accent start getting afraid. Very Afraid!
gibberingly,
Philly :shock:

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
Philly":2uak37ld said:
I've just ordered a Unisaw-of course I'm not sane. :lol:
Ah ha! So you admit it then? :lol: Of course we'll know you're really ready for that unusual style of canvas jacket and the padded-for-warmth little room when you order the dado set... :p :wink:

Cheers, Alf

A

Anonymous

Philly i'll start to worry when you open a post with lets talk about shop safety ect ect tap tap (hammer)t