bargain light pull mandrel

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jonzjob":254syblw said:
I already have one. Had it for a long time now and it's a great bit of kit! I actually did a weekend course with Ian, a really nice bloke!

John

How do you use it ? what bit does what ?

Does that 1MT thing go in the head stock or tail stock :?

Blister":2lhndw5o said:
Jonzjob":2lhndw5o said:
I already have one. Had it for a long time now and it's a great bit of kit! I actually did a weekend course with Ian, a really nice bloke!

John

How do you use it ? what bit does what ?

Does that 1MT thing go in the head stock or tail stock :?

Quite handy, basically it's a friction drive that fits in the headstock, the different diameters on the end allow it to be used with different diameter holes quickly and easily. You could turn one up out of hardwood if you wanted I guess, but at that price a no brainer I would say !

Cheers, Paul

thomvic":38gd1h9i said:
It's £1.24 plus £4.94 P&P!

true. unless a) you are near a store then then its free to collect.
or
b) you're ordering supplies anyway. ( i also ordered a hot air gun reduced to 9 quid from 20, so for 15 quid i get what would have cost me 35 ish last week)
:deer :mrgreen: merry xmas me :ho2

Paul cracked it Blister. Because a light pull has different size holes at each end so as to accomodate the knot in the cord it allows you to swop ends on the light pull without stopping the lathe. I use it for all sorts of things with holes in them, including turning the cylinders that I turned my tractor wheels from...

Thanks for the the heads up, just ordered one and used the opportunity to get a few more bits :wink: well you wouldn't want to pay postage for one little item would you!! :roll:

Neil O":1c7upb3y said:
Thanks for the the heads up, just ordered one and used the opportunity to get a few more bits :wink: well you wouldn't want to pay postage for one little item would you!! :roll:

indeed - strangely my postage came to just over £90....looked at the wrong way

Jonzjob":3jmq9ibe said:
Jumps, are you getting it sent via most of the worlds capitals?

nope - just finished doing that with No 4 son........... =D>

it was the unfortunate 'web technology' that combined the £1.27 item with my existing Ax wish list; how could I actually turn stuff out!

possibly bigger issue is that we leave tomorrow for a week - so I guess I will be collecting when I return. However, I have finally got the heating implemented so looking forward to getting back.

Somewhat amusingly I find my catering arrangements for the week mix the traditional Christmas meal with Fondue (S and B), Raclette and Cassoulet....and boy am I looking forward to these (preparation and consumption)...

Cassoulet! Just down the road from here at Castelnaudry, the home of Cassoulet and one of my favourite dishes!!

The last time we had raclette was with our French neighbour with wonderful slices of magret du canard, another favourite. Wonderful stuff and if you get chance to wash it down with some Cabardes red then that is a meal fit for kings! Cabardes is the very small wine district just West of us, we are one the Minervois/Cabardes border, and you don't see it very far from here. It is a well gaurded secret, so don't tell anyone. Rich, dark and wonderful!

If indeed you are coming down this way, Carcassonne is well worth a look, then PM me and maybe we could meet?

Oh that's not FAIR!!!
It's just immoral to start talking about Fondue in an unrelated thread.

I used to live in Chamonix, which is on the French side of the Tripoint with Italy and Switzerland (best of all three cuisines rolled into one, mouth-watering town... I've got the genetics of a beanpole, but I could eat myself into all kinds of health trouble in that place).
I've not been back for too long, and as such I object in the sternest possible terms to ambushing me with thoughts of melted cheese and all manner of cold meats to dip in it.

I'm salivating like you wouldn't believe just thinking about it.

Shame on you both.

(If you can't tell, I'm insanely jealous.)

BigShot, I assume that you are quite 'fondue' of it :evil: :evil:

The raclette is similar in that you have the lovely cheese and you cook you own meat and lovely jacquet spuds to boot!! Lots of Minervois red to wash it down with too. It's a challenge living in the biggest vinyard in the world 8) :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen:

spookily, not completely unrelated to the OP :shock: my brother just emailed me and asked if i could go buy a raclette for Xmas day, he's visiting from Holland where they are an xmas day must apparently :?

try and bring the thread bakc on topic? :)

axminster are offering free delivery if you order before 9am tomorrow :)

UPDATE. they've arrived :shock: now you cannot fault that for service =D> ordered just before the original post, about 12.30 yesterday and they arrived today =D>
superb :mrgreen: so i wish everyone at axminster an extra merry Xmas. thank you. :ho2

Latest posts

Back