Bargain but hurry

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think some of the Lidl/ also stuff is great but not as long term tools
I buy tools when I don't know if I will use and if they break I'll get my money back and something better
If I don't use them they are cheap to sit there
The problem is I bought a parkside multitool
I have abused the hell out of it
Done loads of work cut worktop solid oak shuttering ply the lot
Ive used it so much I really want a decent one but no matter how hard I try I can't kill it and can't bring myself to replace it before it's dead

The parkside belt sander was a lot easier to kill

And seeing how the tracksaw lasts

Hlsmith":kmlx8tr2 said:
I think some of the Lidl/ also stuff is great but not as long term tools
I buy tools when I don't know if I will use and if they break I'll get my money back and something better
If I don't use them they are cheap to sit there
The problem is I bought a parkside multitool
I have abused the hell out of it
Done loads of work cut worktop solid oak shuttering ply the lot
Ive used it so much I really want a decent one but no matter how hard I try I can't kill it and can't bring myself to replace it before it's dead

The parkside belt sander was a lot easier to kill

And seeing how the tracksaw lasts

I have a rule: if it's not a real tool, then don't buy it. However, I seem to own an extraordinary amount of green Parkside stuff. How? Why? Mostly because it's so cheap it doesn't matter. I have a parkside grinder that won't spin unless you give the wheel a shove, but once it's going, it grinds. I have various dodgy clamps (another rule: if you see clamps for sale, you MUST buy some, and not just from Lidl). I have a "drill press", which probably wasn't a good buy, but it is still working, and a Chinese drill press made of cheese is better than no drill press at all. Isn't it? There's plenty of other stuff , but most noticeable is my chop saw - 16 years old, knackered, wobbly, cuts eventually, but still works despite much, much abuse. I think I may have Lidl dependency issues.

Back