Bargain Bob's beware rubbish stock control

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveL

Established Member
Reaction score
I ordered two the £8 verniers along with a few other things from Bargain Bob's on the 23/12/2003. I had an email confirming the order from Mr Bob! :roll:

Told eldest son over Christmas, "I have ordered a vernier for you". :D

I got an email yesterday to say the verniers were sold out and and they were a clearance warehouse they would not be restocking. :evil:

So their ordering system obviously does not update the stock levels to stop the site over selling a line. :x

So bewarned if you order from Bargain Bob's the goods are not guaranteed to arrive :!:

Hi Dave,

If you received an email confirming the order then they have to honor it. Write a letter of complaint.

Also contact "Screwfix Direct" with the same complaint as Bargain Bob's is owned by them and they use it to clear their end of lines etc.

If they cannot supply your order, then as it was their fault they should give you something as a gesture of good will.

Best of luck

Mike. c

Hi Mike,

I am not sure that I can do that, from their TERMS & CONDITIONS web page:-

AVAILABILITY

• Products displayed on this site are clearance items and are therefore strictly subject to availability.
• Bob will try to mark any "out of stock" items as such. However, if your order includes products which are unavailable for any reason, Bob will contact you by email to inform you of this.

And I have replied to said email to say I still want the rest of the order.

It just peeves me, they only sell online, hopefully they know the stock level when they add a line. Its not rocket science to take the order quantity from the stock level. Then when the stock equals 0, even if they don't remove the item from sale, just block anyone from buying it.

Screwfix have Bob, McDonalds have Ronald......

Rgds

Noel

Bargainbob being owned by Screwfix & therefore B&Q & the rest of the Kingfisher group spammed many who were registered online at Screwfix. The trades people on the screwfix forum soon traced the VAT No to Screwfix & it was posted on the forum.
Next day everyone got an email from Screwfix direct.

"We have been made aware this morning (December 23rd) that a number of Screwfix Direct customers have received an email from "Bargain Bob's". This was due to a processing error and we are very sorry that this has happened.

Bargain Bob's is related to Screwfix Direct and was set up as a "clearance" web site to sell overstocked and deleted
Screwfix Direct products. Again, we apologise for the intrusion of this unexpected and unsolicited e-mail message,
which was not intended for you or any other existing Screwfix Direct customers."

Bearing in mind the new EU anti-spamming law where you have to opt in for advertising mail from within the EU
Of course, this does not help as ignorance of the law (or error) is no excuse.

I has also been noticed that bargainbob sells some of the overstocked items at a higher price than Screwfix.

caveat emptor (let the buyer beware)

Back