Bargain Alert - Ikea £1 Aluminium Extrusions - DIY MFT Style Clamping

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just come across this very interesting thread. :)

Unfortunately, here in BG Ikea "bargains" aren't a thing and the main Ikea store doesn't even have any stock of these curtain rails - the three-track ones don't exist at all here and the single-track ones are only in stock in the branch at the other end of the country.

However, has anyone tried using the single-track version as a T-track? I'd be interested in any experiences - or just opinions - that anyone would be kind enough to share with me.... Just for the sake of comparison, the 1.4m single-track is just over £6 here.

I've just come across this very interesting thread. :)

Unfortunately, here in BG Ikea "bargains" aren't a thing and the main Ikea store doesn't even have any stock of these curtain rails - the three-track ones don't exist at all here and the single-track ones are only in stock in the branch at the other end of the country.

However, has anyone tried using the single-track version as a T-track? I'd be interested in any experiences - or just opinions - that anyone would be kind enough to share with me.... Just for the sake of comparison, the 1.4m single-track is just over £6 here.
I didn't bother with the single track as it wasn't as rigid as the three track and both where £1 a length at the time. That's not to say the single wouldn't work as 'T' track, you would just have to embed it / surround it with supporting wood to keep it straight and stop it flexing in a similar manner to how Peter Millard incorporates his 'T' track on the front of his MFT table. See around 3 minutes 50 seconds into the following video;

Yeah, I saw Peter's video - and have been subscribed to his channel for a long time - I love his stuff, and Dennis' "China Tools/Hooked on Wood".

I'm just trying to find out if IKEA here will deliver to the branch in Sofia, otherwise it's going to involve a drive to the nearest one, which is in Greece :D

Back