Barbie's Woodshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Berry

Established Member
Reaction score
As a 56 year old man, without any shame or embarrassment, I am going to recommend that you have a look at this Instagram account.

It showcases excellent craftsmanship in a skillfully narrated storyline following Barbie's journey into woodworking. It is full of humour and clever nods to real life personalities.

It is worthwhile following the storyline from the beginning where Barbie needs to find something to do after working in McDonald's.

Self described as "A father and daughter project that is getting out of hand."

Last edited:
Unfortunately it would only let me go so far without signing in but what I saw was clever but a bit weird really, it’s produced by somebody who obviously knows a lot about woodwork and all in miniature including all the tools plus holdfasts and sash cramps, with Barbie pretending to wield them. I got the impression it was an American that had done it all —from the tools really. Not quite sure what she was going to do with the dynamite fuses and plunger but Hayhoe.
So Richard put me out of my misery what’s the point of it, is there an actual father and daughter or is it just, well I don’t know what really!
It’s very clever and worth a look. Ian

Excellent find Richard, love the lay flat Friday references & the ubiquitous benchcraft vice screw video :LOL::LOL:

Excellent find Richard, love the lay flat Friday references & the ubiquitous benchcraft vice screw video :LOL::LOL:
I think that the posters, pamphlets, instruction manuals and catalogues were what appealed to me most at first. I have the same Lee Valley catalogue and I do enjoy a bit of Parks and Recreation. The reference to the toilet paper hoarding at the start of the pandemic was also very clever.

Back